Boats? - Page 6 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 05-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Looks solid...
but, like I said from the beginging...Make sure that that Inboard/Outboard is fully funtional and "up to par"...a busted outdrive by next season could mean coughing up some green... :?
...But if that checks out, its look from here...

...Did you have mechanic or marine surveyor check it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Craig

Great lookin boat. Irony in Janes addiction. Cool name. How bout Janies peace or Janies got a gun.
anyway.
The best advice I got was from Alvarez. He had me hire a Marine surveyor to look the boat over. Costs 28 bucks a foot but it was worth every dime. That and a sea trial. In my case I walked because of hidden probs with the transom. Other minor stuff and (not so minor electrical ) were fixable. So I saved myself 16 grand. Thats how much the guy came off the price of 24. You can probably recoop the surveyor costs using his report at closing. I wish you all the luck in the world with this boat. Remember dont be afraid to walk. There are tons of boats out there. I was dissappointed for about 5 minutes. Ce la vie. At least I got the cash to try again, If I bought it . it would be in the shop till next season if I was lucky.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Yea BB....it runs like it just came off the showroom floor. I spoke to everyone involved with this boat and its just a great running, cant sink it, type of boat. i'll even be able to come up to the haba and visit you hahaha.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 08:22 PM

I hear ya Jim...

This boat checks out really nice. I've talked to all the guys that worked on her and she's incredible. The guy not only dropped the price down for me, but as of now, its out of the ads until i get thew money in about 3 weeks. i'm going to give her a trial run either this weekend or early next week and i'll tell ya how it goes.

Myself....i'm in love hahaha.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Great . Good luck Craig. I got a good feeling about your boat. You gotta have the warm and fuzzies after checkin it over completely.
Can you get a compression test on the engine? I know, I know, I sound like a wife. :twisted: :twisted: Money is just too hard to come by these days on big ticket items.
Stop already Jim :twisted: :D
Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 PM

thats gonna be done this week Jim.

aka surfcastermaster

probably motor down to see ya JIm.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:32 PM

Listen to billy Joel on the onboard CD
"I'm on the downeaster Alexa and tonight I am Nantucket Bound"

I love that song.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Briggs you better haul that big-boy the hell up here!!!!
...We'll nail some Stripers for sure...

...Then up the coast to visit Rock... :D
...Then Brandon and Steve... :D
Old 05-06-2005, 01:37 PM

Hahaha Dan......this boat aint getting "Hauled" anywhere......i'm a driver not a rider hahaha.

I come up to see ya BB, i be doing it via Canal right into haba. 150gal cap. i wont even have to stop....but i will be slowing down a bit coming through the canal lol.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Nice ,looks like my old 23 formula. Deep-vee Loved that boat. The nice thing about it is you don't get wet in it . The waves break along side of you and you stay dry. Most of the time
Old 05-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

good luck bro! enjoy.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

sooooo, Mr Briggs you're gonna be one of us now (boat guy) LOL...
Good for you,those Albermarle's are great seaworth boats,the fresh water cooling greatly extends the engine life,that one should be a keeper my friend good luck!!! Remember one thing about boats....Break Out Another Thousand
Old 05-13-2005, 01:22 PM

Albermarle's are some of the best tracking boats I've been on. They're on my list for when I'm ready for my next boat (if wife allows).
Old 05-13-2005, 11:30 PM

Thanks for the repies guys. I told this guy straight out the other day, i said, ya know, it was all these guys (as i pointed at them) right here that sold that boat for you. they had all been out in different situations and they all raved about how safe they felt out in her, even in the worst conditions, the ones that hopefully i will NOT be in hahaha. But yea, alot of good things everybody has to say about this boat.....now i just want the damn thing !!!

I can't stay away from it.....i'm always down at the bait&tackle shop, either on her, or walking around her. i even layed down on the bed inside the cuddy, friggin weirdo right? hahaha.

I walked into Boaters World the other day and it was like that little fat kid on willy wonka when he walked into the chocolat room. i wanted everything i saw. I want guns that shoot flare guns that shoot flares, bumpers the size of my car, i want rain coats that go over my raincoats so they wont get wet, i want the life raft that you pull a string and it blows up in front of you, with the blow up engine of course, rowing is for suckers hahaha, etc etc etc.....

The salesman must have seen how glassy my eyes were and immedietly came over with the 10lb master catalog for me to carry with me on my trip around the store, hahaha. I already got two ladies working on a custum cushion for the top of my engine cover(fishing station), for those nights i want 3 more seats, like when i'm rafting next to cuz at the 4th of july fireworks. Need to add a few more antennas, i'll look like a martian out there.....why more? hell i dunno.

this will definetly be an adventure.....can't wait to just chase blues around the bay. then again, i cant wait to get my first shark out in the big blue. hope its a little bigger than the boat, i like a challenge.

gonna meet Rock out in the middle of the ocean somewhere and have a cold one while we ride the swells. head up to see Dan in the haba.

already told my wife not to expect me for a couple days when i first get her. she told me to take my cellphone hahaha.

Hopefully this time next week, i'll be throwing $450 in the tank and taking off for some aquatic fun in the sun.

thanks guys.....

:twisted: Craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Default sweet

sweet vessel, sounds like your a janes fan, how bout naming her 'Ocean Size'. maybe i'll see you around the vineyard?