Upriver limits?? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-19-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Upriver limits??

Can anyone tell me what the criteria is for how far up rivers you can go in Mass. before you need a permit? I there are some spots I'd like to try out on the rivers in Fall River and Swansea, but I'm not sure if I can do that without a permit. I was originally under the impression that the No Permit Needed rule only applied to the coast itself, obviously I was mistaken, which leaves me unclear as to where the boundaries are.
Thanks!!
Jacob aka Baitrunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Bait,
Most towns have their tidal zones set,sometimes dificlult to figure, a call to the local harbor master can clear it up,are you talking permit to take herring or eels or fishing license????? When in doubt having a Mass. fishing license wouldnt hurt....
Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 AM

Thanks Roccus,
Yeah, I was talking fishing liscence. You're right, I should probably just go pick up a liscence and just not have to worry about it. Just to be on the safe side. I have very little time to go out exploring to try to find places to fish, and with no boat I'm sometimes at a loss of where I can go, besides the same spots I've already been fishing with no luck. It be great if I could just put a boat in and go to where the fish are, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 10:33 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Bait,
You can buy your Mass. (or most state) fishing license's on line..

With the weather forecast as it is for tomorrow,cod fishing is out of the question,I'm going bassin', I'm going to try to sneak out for Mac's before it blows up,if it's too rough,i'll try to find some herring to live line,If you want to make the trip north your welcome to join me.....

Rock
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 AM

ooooh,, an invitation!! Thanks!! I'd LOVE to buzz up there, but I've only got a few hours free in the morning. Have to work from about 9am until noon, then I have plans to help a buddy bottom paint his sailboat if it's not raining. He's gonna teach me how to sail this summer, so I told him I'd help get the boat ready. I'm still trying to work it out so that I can come up for the outing on the 5th, either drive up or hitch a ride with Briggs if he is able to make it. I'll definately take you up on that offer sometime though.

So far this spring has been one big dissappointment when it comes to fishing for me. No fish of any kind. Poor weather (here it's supposed to rain for the 6th weekend in a row, temps topping out around 55). Work has been incredibly busy, cutting into my evenings & weekends. I've about had it. :evil:

Do you have a link to where I can buy the liscence online?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:57 PM

Default link

www.sport.state.ma.us/
Old 05-20-2005, 06:02 PM

Thanks!