Anybody from the Bronx side of the West End? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Anybody from the Bronx side of the West End?

Hey! chef u just gave me an idea thx since parking is an issue I could launch in city island and peddle there should be bout 20min.I think early spring is better fish is moving south now but u never know .Taking th yak out 2moro gonna hit th sound let u know how i make out i tried to load pics but was having technical issues. maybe u should get 1 too bro it will bump ur catch ratio 10 fold I guarantee it aint nothing like gettn towed buy a big blue or bass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Striper Hunter

Would love to thai, The wife and I have our first baby due december 9th so that put the kabosh on a yak plus I have no place to keep it in my apartment. Thought seriously about it though maybe next year we will see. I am getting 2 custom surf rods out of the deal though, lordy that was a good compromise from my wife, couldn't complain there. Having them built as christmas gifts 1 11ft. spinner and an 11ft conventional bait stick cant wait they will be ready for the big girls in the spring!

Let me know how you make out, saw a report video on noreast, I am BEATONEM over on that site, and the video was from *****, smallish looking fish breaking with birds, but promising at least

Go get em!

Last edited by JakeF; 10-26-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: ...
Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 AM

Guys,
Please keep the location details more general on the public forum, per forum policy. If you want to share specific details about a location, do it via a PM please. A good rule of thumb is that if what you're about to post narrows it down to less than a couple miles, you're probably being too specific. Thousands of folks can and do read these posts and when you post specific details about a specific location you're not only risking your 'own' spots getting too crowded to fish, but also screwing it up for others who have been fishing those spots for years. This particular thread already has over 580 views. Thank you for your cooperation

Also,,, just FYI... Cutting legally installed fences to gain access is against the law and not something that you should even be thinking or talking about. We as shore fishermen have a big enough ongoing battle to retain what little access we have left without guys pulling crap like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks JakeF for the heads up, I see you already adjusted the posts. As to the fence issue I never said that we should cut the fence, just that any cut in the fence somewhere would be one way to get acces from a parking lot as i know there are probably some around, but maybe there aren't! There would be other ways of access just need to do more recon. I am a law abiding and stickler for the rules kind of guy and would not illegally trespass if so would be the case.

Hey Thai send PM if you want, good luck today!

Thanx again, ChefBX
Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Official Member

Im from throggs neck in the bronx and fish eastchester bay, little neck bay and waters up to glen island...

post back to talk about the upcoming spring season!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Hey mikeyirish27, I live in Pelham bay , fish the same areas and the south shore,LI. There are probably some schoolies around already with warm winter, have been out scouting already. Seen some egrets in the creeks already plucking away. I will be starting up in the Hudson when it opens and c.r down here. Started catching consistently beginning April last year. Pm me if you want to get together during the season, good luck. Chefbx:
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Official Member

yeah sounds good, i just talked to john from jacks b&t and he said there are already schoolies around the TN and Whitestone bridges.

Some big ones should be headed up the Hudson...

I am going out thursday by the Whitestone bridge to soak some bloodworms and throw some jigs and plastics and see whats around...