My Fishin Story .... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 AM
First Mate

Default My Fishin Story ....

So i wake up at 5:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep, so I figure I'm goin fishin, get outta bed and my wife says what are you doin ? I'm goin fishin I say, she says you gotta be shi--in me. Don't cook tonight baby we're havin bass !
So i get down to the beach 6:00 a.m., hell I even beat the fishin boats leavin the harbor, Milford Ct coastline incoming tide and start walkin the rocks, find myself a nice flat rock to stand on and proceed to snap on my new Hoby Pink Plastic swimmer onto the clip, got my 10' Tsunami Air Wave, 20 lb. mono, and the breakaway clip with the pink plastic.....looks so good I want to bite it ! Well turns out nothin else did, so I'm casting left to right, I'm walkin the dog, I'm spankin the dog, got the rod tip at 2:00 at 10:00 at 12:00 hell i even went to 6:00 thinkin I got another plastic if i get snagged. Now I start thinkin if I can just get it out alittle further so I start whippin it and BAM here's the birds nest, SOB, I spend the next 10 min. get that free, move alittle farther down the rock, yea thats it nice smooth water, nah, move again to some ripples nah nuttin. So after an hr an a half I call it quits. Not a friggan thing out there but at least I got the start of a good callous on my index finger for the upcoming season......and dinner tonight, yep fish sticks.

tight lines !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Veteran

Default Re: My Fishin Story ....

Did you see the sunrise? Sounds like it was a good time to test out you new plugs. Did you have everything you needed in your plug bag, or did you forget something. I always forget something the first time.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 AM

I've been known to bolt upright out of bed to rear back on an imaginary rod. This gets into your psyche. Nothing like deep breaths of saltwater to make you feel better. Taste every bit of it.
Dead stick with a clam as a backup in a back bay setting. Its still early for out front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperjim View Post
I've been known to bolt upright out of bed to rear back on an imaginary rod. This gets into your psyche. Nothing like deep breaths of saltwater to make you feel better. Taste every bit of it.
Dead stick with a clam as a backup in a back bay setting. Its still early for out front.
Now you tell me.....Jim, and yea sea sea rider, had my surf bag over my schoulder,
but Jim your right it is to early to be out front but I forgot that at 5:00 a.m.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Young salt

brzman's been casting plugs in his bathtub since New Year's Day, LOL!!!!! I could tell by reading your posts in a couple other forums how bad u were itching to get out. I know we don't start seeing fish up here til the last week of May or so, but that isn't gonna stop me from hitting the river in mid-May, chasing after Spring shad and praying for a couple early arrivals of the striped-bass variety. . . . . .let us know when u get into 'em down there.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
First Mate

You got it Striper,
I hear of guys getting em left an right in the Housatonic in the wee hrs. of the mornin but that ain't me. Ill just keep Pluggin away
Old 04-15-2011, 06:27 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
I've been known to bolt upright out of bed to rear back on an imaginary rod.
I am not alone then, . I have done that on many occasions over the course of the season. Drives my wife nuts!

As the season approaches I have trouble getting to sleep most nights. It has to do with temperature change with me as soon as it feels a little fishy out there I have a hard time getting to sleep
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Its funny mark. Once I blasted the headboard because I was in a good fight in a dream.
Talk about the girl.... she was thinking this guy belongs in a nut home.
She works in one. Shes gone now anyway her and her GD cat.

Not so funny non fish story -
I see a mouse running the kitchen in the early winter and I kinda miss her cat (and i never really was a cat person) so I go to the pound and buy one, shots, microchip, spayed, yada yada yada. I come to find that the little f*e**rs part of what nearly killed me. The freekin dander put me in the hospital in lung failure. I get home and the house is torn apart. Half a dozen or so rolls of toilet paper ripped to shreds everything knocked off of the shelves, every picture that was hanging no longer hangs, now he's running around here hiding. He knows Im pissed but the liittle prick still eats his weight in groceries. Hes got to go before he kills me. I got some neighborhood girl who wants it but he may not last long enough. He chewed a whole in the oxygen tubing. If he presents himself at the front door im kicking a 63 yarder.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Young salt

Quote:
If he presents himself at the front door im kicking a 63 yarder.
Remember Jim, laces out. . . . . . .
Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
First Mate

same scenario as me lmao but my wife keeps going on and on :(