Winter Yak Work and Additions! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Kayaking Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Kayaking Stripers A forum for the YAK'rs out there.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Striper Hunter - iFish NY

Default Winter Yak Work and Additions!

Hey All...

Well this is about that time of year that I finally start chomping at the bit to get back out on the water and catch some fish! Ive done the snow thing and the skiing thing but, as you all prob agree, there comes a point in any fishermans offseason when they start going batty!!! So in an effort to stay sane, Ive started on some offseason additions to the fishing yak! Baught some materials to make a stabilization (outrigger) system so I can possibly stand out there on a windy day and just for overall stabilization while fishing... I also bit the bullet and got myself an Eagle Cuda 350 FF/Map that I will be installing in the next few weeks... next on the board is an anchor but im not really sure how to go about it, I do a lot of fishing on the hudson and have to get some input from some fellow Hudson yakers. Anyways, enough about my winter... just chiming in with my two cents!

Tight Lines to All!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Winter Yak Work and Additions!

I hear u bro cabin fever is a b***tch I only fish up th hudson a couple of times, I hear spring time up there is where u intercept mama bass.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Winter Yak Work and Additions!

I fish the Hudson out of my revolution and rarely use an anchor. I usually drift fish, and its windy I'll use a drift chute. I have an anchor trolly that was pre-installed on my yak, but before that I just used my bow and stern lines. Which way do you want to go?