Where to purchase equipment locally OOB - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Default Where to purchase equipment locally OOB

I was looking for some suggestions on where I can buy some equipment around the OOB area. I'm heading up there for some fishing from PA and need a new rod/reel setup.

Being from this area, there isn't a whole lot of selection for surf setups so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Where to purchase equipment locally OOB

Saco Bay Tackle on Route 1 in Saco. They have a web site for directions. They show high end stuff online, but they have reasonablely priced stuff at the shop. There's also a Cabela's in Scarborough, Me.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont_Horse_Em View Post
I was looking for some suggestions on where I can buy some equipment around the OOB area. I'm heading up there for some fishing from PA and need a new rod/reel setup.

Being from this area, there isn't a whole lot of selection for surf setups so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Matt

Gotta agree with Springwater on this one, Saco Bay and Cabela's (right off Scarborough exit....#42) are ur best bet for a new rod/reel as well as terminal tackle and plugs if you so choose. Both also have a variety of bait, though Cabela's is mainly frozen clams/herring/mackerel/squid, while SB has the full boat, including live eels. Only other place I would recommend is Chevy's Bait and Tackle @ Camp Ellis if ur looking for sandworms (far and above the best around). I like going to Chevy's 'cause it's a mom and pop store, run by a guy named Jerry with the help of his brother and father. They also carry fresh mack/herring/pogie (whatever's around at the time), a small assortment of terminal tackle and they have poles you can rent for the day as well. Looking forward to doing some fishing this weekend my friend, should be a good time

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Lunker

Where are you staying at OOB? Saco B&T is right on RT1 north of OOB accross from one of the water parks,can't miss it.Cabela's is less than 10 miles .BB