Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2009 Hudson River Striper Photos

26K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  roddenreels 
#1 ·
#77 ·
Headed over to the striper spots, about 5 minutes in to the drift, and I drop one. Almost immediatley Mike hooks a fish, good long fight out of it, and in the boat. 36" 18lbs 5oz.

Off to a great start! We continue that drift for a while with no bumps. Ended up trying that drift 6 times more without so much as another bump.

From there we headed WAY downstream to where my Dad and I had gotten them Friday. Anchored in a handfull of spots down there, without any other hits. By then the rain was starting to threaten, so we just called it a day.

#78 ·
6pm caught this 15.7 pounder but let her go because she was pregant. later on realized i had a little nibble thought it perch, then had a nice hit started reeling it in ended up being a 5 pounder that swallowed the baby striper that was nibbling on my line lol, that was the first time i ever saw something like that...heres the pic of the 15.7 female

Attachments

#84 ·
Me and Tkstriper hit the river for a few hours this morning. Weather couldn't have been any nicer. Bait was easy and a few Stripers wanted to play as well :redbiggrin:

Managed a little dude , maybe 5lbs only 15mins into fishing ... 15 mins later and this avg 37"er gave me an awesome fight !!! I would have thought this was a much bigger fish , but no complaints thumbsup.gif

Got slow after that until Todd hooked up with a sweet drag screammer, but she came unbuttoned :smiliedoh: .... i would have liked to see that one !

Oh well i'm done for the day but the other boys are heading back out ... go get em !!!! :4996:

BB

#87 ·
Well, my season has ended for 2009. This year compared to last was more challenging to put fish in the boat on a consistent basis. We had four days out of 26 that we didn't box fish. Last year we only had one day of disappointment. This year we had bites but were not as successful in landing them like seasons past.
The return trips of a few of my most seasoned clients were met with empty boxes. We were on the fish, had plenty of sign, but the fish that did hit would not stay stuck. Oh well, I guess that's why they call it fishing.
My friend Carl Behr who had booked two trips this year experienced feast and famine. On the first trip we did not land any fish. On the second trip they went home with five, see the pic below.

We also experienced bite activity that would last for an hour or so and then completely die. This happened quite a bit to be noticeable over the month. Here are a few more pics

We'll see you all next year, God Willing!
It's off to Lake Ontario to fish for King salmon.

Capt. Jimmy Samia
www.acecharters.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.