This site and new friends. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Veteran Elite

Default This site and new friends.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim for a great job. I've met some great people on this site this past season and fished with them also. It's been a blast so far. I've showed some and learned some and it's been great. It's tough to find people that you jive with that have this passion. I can honestly say that this site hooked me up with some good people that I will be fishing with years to come. And I'm sure many more along the way. Anyway I need to wake up soon to catch some migrating fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Young salt

Default Re: This site and new friends.

Couldn't agree with ya more my man, this site is much, much more than a how-to clinic. The weekend of the gathering in June up here in OOB was far beyond my wildest expectations. Having never met anyone beforehand, it took all of 2 minutes to feel completely at home. Familiarizing StriperJim what the best places were to get food, to Jacob's daughter Sophie who blew me away by the things she was saying to sittin around swapping stories and how could I forget Gunny "the grill master" Sniper cooking up enough food to feed a 3rd world nation. The whole weekend went off without a hitch, and by the time all was said and done I felt like I'd known some of those folks for years!!!! What a group I tell ya, can't wait for the gatherings next year, both in my neck of the woods and abroad, I'll surely be in attendance.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

I agree as well and thank you Jim! I had found the site just looking for tips on these fish so i could keep myself sane in boston and now (thousands of dollars in gear later) I am fishing and traveling with a great group of guys...

Minus Jay of course...he smells like fish heads... :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon006 View Post
I agree as well and thank you Jim! I had found the site just looking for tips on these fish so i could keep myself sane in boston and now (thousands of dollars in gear later) I am fishing and traveling with a great group of guys...

Minus Jay of course...he smells like fish heads... :)
That's funny. My girlfriend says the same thing. I had to spray my under armor with cologne the other night at 2am before I went out. It stunk like Gulp juice real bad. I was fishing with Chad and got a call from the girl around 8am. She said who the hell goes fishing at 2am and sprays themselves with cologne? Chad thought it real was funny. But yes I do smell like fish heads.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Cow Catcher

I think yall are a bunch off @$$holes.... j/k Great guys. I'm just the @$$hole.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Im stuck down here with Zim. HELP!!!!

If I can get past the weather forecast and the speculation on the barometer vs azimuth on the moon rise and the yawl of earths position relative to the gravitational pull of a helicoptering bunker noggin Im good.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
If I can get past the weather forecast and the speculation on the barometer vs azimuth on the moon rise and the yawl of earths position relative to the gravitational pull of the bunker noggin Im good.
Phewww, I thought I was the only one who interpreted zim's forecast like this!!!!!!!!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 10-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

That's what it's all about. I used to go fishing alone, and not be able to share my aloneness. Now I don't have to be alone
Old 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM

Before this place came along, I could count my true friends on one hand, Now I need both hands, and feet, and have to use my wifes as well. Come to think of it, I need to use all my pets toes as well.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 AM
in awe of real fisherman

don't be using my dog's toes Gunny......

anyways...I think we all owe Jim a heap of gratitude and no matter how many times it is said it is not enough...Jay thanks for starting this thread!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM

Jim, what you've accomplished in bringing together people who love this thing we do is awesome. Thanks again for all the hard work, sleepless nights, and personal funds that you've poured into this effort to accomplish what you have. Through this site, I too have been extremely blessed with friendships that I would not have otherwise made, and tutilage that has knocked many years off my learning curve. I am forever greatful!!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitrunner View Post
Jim, what you've accomplished in bringing together people who love this thing we do is awesome. Thanks again for all the hard work, sleepless nights, and personal funds that you've poured into this effort to accomplish what you have. Through this site, I too have been extremely blessed with friendships that I would not have otherwise made, and tutilage that has knocked many years off my learning curve. I am forever greatful!!
Well said...