Clamp on rod holders - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 04-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Clamp on rod holders

I recently purchased a Striper 2300 WA with hard top. Can anyone recommend a brand/model of rod holder (stainless and corrosion resistent) that can be mounted to hard top rail or vertical post for hard top?

I have heard some bad things about certain brands, they simply don't hold up. I have a rocket launcher - four holders - across hard top, but need more rod space, preferrably up and out of the way.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks. Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 06:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Clamp on rod holders

Pat,
I had the same issue last year and purchased some at West Marine that use an Allen wrench to adjust to the correct angle that you want. The came in gold or silver and seems to me that they ran around 60 bucks. the thing you have to look for is the rail size your trying to mount too. I think some are 7/8 in and others are larger.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
First Mate

Boatersworld had some stainless models that are about $100 each, but you get what you pay for and I think these might outlast the boat :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 PM
HDH

I have had Perko rod holders for years and they have the adjustment also that swivels on notches and an allen screw in the center to lock down to your desired angle and mounts on rails. These have proven great for me they were chrome plated over bronze and still look like new after 12 years just wax them and wash off when you wash the boat. I just brought 2 more to add to my top rail of my windshield but they have changed the looks from when I first brought them so I was lucky to find them on ebay from a nice guy who had two that looked brand new. I looked for strenght since I use them for trolling not just for storage and by that I mean where the clamp is mounted to the holder it goes completely (wraps) around the outside of the holder instead of just a small square attached in the back. Look at photo I have attached to see what I mean! They have changed the appearance a little now but still have the ones available that are wrapped around as I described. Perko has been a great rod holder for me and now I have a total of 5 of them on my boat! Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
First Mate

1st and foremost, I am NOT a boat guy so take what I say with a grain of salt... I did see, at the RISSA show, some suction cup rod holder that looked like they held up well. Colad bought one and he made every effort to rip that thing apart (the suction part) and could not... If you know colad he is a beast of a man... I was pretty impressed, I don't think the price was crazy either... Shoot him a PM, Im sure he would give you their website... One good thing with this is that you can move the holder around when you want and no drilling holes... Hope this helps

Bryan
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Oh ya BTW... WELCOME TO THE SITE
Old 04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
in awe of real fisherman

Beast of a Man? you flatter me Bryan!

the product is called a seasucker..website is there name...
haven't used it in practice yet, but the thing sure grips...and you can attache ANY rod holder or other item to it...