20' Trophy - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Default 20' Trophy

Anybody have any feelings good or bad on Trophy boats. Possibly looking at trading in my boat for a Trophy with a 150 hp Merc. Any feedback would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Official Member

Thumbs up Re: 20' Trophy

I bought a 1802 in 2004.Love the boat it has a 125 merc on it and it only runs on 2 cyl when you are trolling so it is great on gas.If were to upgrade i would buy another trophy.Great Boat.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 20' Trophy

I have a 1996 Bayliner Trophy 1802 W/A cuddy with a 2006 115hp Mercury
Optimax. Love the boat and really love the motor due to the Fuel injection
and low emissions. Absolutely perfect boat for the river. Extremely good on
fuel and very easy to winterize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
First Mate

I have fished on a 24' Trophy and researched them when looking to purchase a boat. They are definately very good boats but I found the Arima to be much more stable. I also liked the C-Dory but the Arima seemed to be a more "state of the art" looking boat being very good for rough water due to it's design. I fish lake Ontario every year and the Arima has been fantastic. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three but it can't hurt to research all of them. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM
First Mate

I've always heard that when bayliner came out with the trophy line although it looked good they weren't built very well. Even now that they separated from bayliner they still get a bad rap. Although I think I remember an article praising the new 26 cc trophy in a boating mag. I'm not knocking anyone that owns one, by all means. Its just that I remember when I bought my boat which is an 88 grady I also looked at a 96 23wa trophy. The rub rails were falling off, the bow rails were really loose, and I saw a lot of little spider cracks along the seems of the deck. Granted some people take better care of their boats then others, but for something 8 years newer I would have thought it would have been in much better shape and it wasn't. I asked the same questions you asked and I went with the grady. Take your time, take a look at seaswirl, mako, gradywhite and I would bet that you will notice a big difference in the quality. But thats just my opinion.