BUSTED! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 11-07-2005, 10:57 PM

Default BUSTED!

So yes Sunday the wind was rough, whilst I sit away with my set up. Some guy yanks out a short striper like 15" or so.

I start fighting some really weird fish I dunno looked like some freaky Sea Robin with spots? And black and white wings, yellow underlip?? When I put him back in the water he digged himself into the sand and vanished, very strange.

I continue fishing and then my brother says hey, his bag is moving. This guy takes another small striper and sticks him in the bag. I call DEC game and fishery and report the problem. About an hour an agent comes by and checks out my stuff and I've got nothing, so I say check that guy out.

The guy FLIPS! He starts throwing the dead stripers back in the water and the birds start picking at them. I asked the agent when he walked back how much the fine is he told me $500!!! WOWWW that'll definetly do the trick.

Poor stripers, at least the birds got to eat them.

But at least I did a good deed, if I didn't call DEC that guy could have killed 100's more stripers in his lifetime now that I think about it.

This reminds me of Zim's recent story but this time fishy justice was served!

On a lighter note, I REALLY need to get into some fish, all of October and so far November has been really dissapointing. Nothing bigger then 18" from me in the Striper category, one legal fluke in October, and that funky thing in November.

Late September was sooo good to me. Time to mope around.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
LunkHead

Good job on the Bust.....
I saw, for the first time in my 47 years, CO's checking out fishermen as they walked off the local inlet.....some oriental looking folks were pretty agitated, the whole family, so I guess they were out of compliance. I would have stuck around just for the amusement, but i was on a bike ride with the kids.
And that funky thing you threw back was a Stargazer, just a friendly word of warning, don't lick the top of their head. Someone told me this, and I believe them.

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 11-08-2005, 07:48 PM

Lick the top of the head? I wasn't planning on licking any fish that were still alive, but I'll heed the advice, since you told me the name I searched for them, turns out they have an electric current thats why and are a species on the decline.

Ironically there used to be this DEC agent who used ticket guys EVERY NIGHT one year in Sheepshead bay for small weakies, and fluke. He dissapeared this year. So I gathered a number up and was suprised that this guy actually showed up for ticketing.