2014 Big D reports - Page 9 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2014 Big D reports

Was out for 6 hours on saturday night fishing below the trenton makes bridge. Fished the outgoing tide. Not one bite. Used bloods and clam. Heard of one 32 inch fish caught by the rail bridge on a live perch.

Hopefully the weather improves by the weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Just getting off the water fished from 7:30am til 7:30pm managed 2 bass 23", 25" (released) and 1 cat missed several other fish the river turned dirty once tide changed to the in coming. Did see other boats and bank fishermen but didn't see any fish caught. Bunker caught.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	18778  
Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Striper Hunter

Fished Sunday got one 35 or 40 pound fish in the national park area. Caught it on the incoming tide on bloodworms. How do I upload the photo to this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleypipes View Post
Fished Sunday got one 35 or 40 pound fish in the national park area. Caught it on the incoming tide on bloodworms. How do I upload the photo to this site.
click on post reply....then click on that little paper clip thing next to the Smiley face, that will let you upload pics.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Just getting off the water fished from 7:30am til 7:30pm managed 2 bass 23", 25" (released) and 1 cat missed several other fish the river turned dirty once tide changed to the in coming. Did see other boats and bank fishermen but didn't see any fish caught. Bunker caught.
Were you seeing Herring in the river yet? Last week I was Shad fishing, caught a bunch of Shad, but surprisingly didn't catch a Herring on a Shad spoon. Wondering if the Herring in the river might slow the bite down, because there will be so much for them to eat.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
To add pics:
Press reply to thread
Go to additional options below where u type the words for reply.
Click manage attachments
Choose pic
Upload pic then come back to replay page and submit reply.
Nice fish can't wait to c the pic
Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt72 View Post
Were you seeing Herring in the river yet? Last week I was Shad fishing, caught a bunch of Shad, but surprisingly didn't catch a Herring on a Shad spoon. Wondering if the Herring in the river might slow the bite down, because there will be so much for them to eat.
I had scattered reports of herring but I myself have not seen one yet in the main river or up the creek that I see them at every year so the main push of herring hasn't happened yet I wouldn't think. Also loads of bass have been jus entering the bay, and a few miles south of Cbb is beginning to have a constant flow of #20 class bass upto #35. The bigger the fish the more of a loner it becomes so by next week if water temps jump back to 55 it should be on. And yes once herring become thick the bite for us will shit down because they will be focused on the herring. But with a lot of hard work they can and will be caught. Till next week catch'em up and post'em
Old 04-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Official Member

First time with the boat out this year since I don't have a truck to tow it with. If anyone has a truck and no boat message me maybe we can get together. I live in conshocken and usually launch out of chester. Anyways fished top of the tide around 5-9pm. Launched at chester started north of CBB NJ waters in 15ft with no results. Headed south of CBB around 6pm and got some action in NJ waters in 10ft. Got a total of four striper, 3 perch, and 2 big cats. All caught on bloods. Had a few misses and pulled the hook on another decent fish. Once the tide got rolling good the bite slowed down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	04-21-14striper.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	18874   Click image for larger version

Name:	04-21-14striper2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	18882  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
I had scattered reports of herring but I myself have not seen one yet in the main river or up the creek that I see them at every year so the main push of herring hasn't happened yet I wouldn't think. Also loads of bass have been jus entering the bay, and a few miles south of Cbb is beginning to have a constant flow of #20 class bass upto #35. The bigger the fish the more of a loner it becomes so by next week if water temps jump back to 55 it should be on. And yes once herring become thick the bite for us will shit down because they will be focused on the herring. But with a lot of hard work they can and will be caught. Till next week catch'em up and post'em
Yeah surprising the Herring haven't shown up yet. When the Herring show up, that's when i switch to artificial lures, that look just like the Herring. Love my Ripplin Redfins!!! http://images.ebsco.com/lurenet/C8504.jpg
Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
First Mate

Question guys, I am aware that we can not catch herring and use them for bait, but if you got your hands on herring, from a seafood store or something, is it legal to use them as bait??? Just don't want to get in trouble, but I want to catch them.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1129chuck View Post
Question guys, I am aware that we can not catch herring and use them for bait, but if you got your hands on herring, from a seafood store or something, is it legal to use them as bait??? Just don't want to get in trouble, but I want to catch them.
You can do that, but you better have a receipt for those Herring, and it better be a current date.....Your better off just getting Bunker, you will do well with Bunker, and your not gonna get any hassle for using it.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
First Mate

Thanks Curt. Bunker always works for me anyway. I will be out Saturday from about 3 too 8 launching from the arsenal, hit me up on channel 17 if anyone's out.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
To add pics:
Press reply to thread
Go to additional options below where u type the words for reply.
Click manage attachments
Choose pic
Upload pic then come back to replay page and submit reply.
Nice fish can't wait to c the pic
Hey mufish do I have to be on my desk instead of my phone I'm trying to upload but I'm thinking I may need my home computer because it's not working. I'm never posted a photo online before so this is the first appreciate the patient.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Striper Hunter

What size hooks do you guys use when fishing in the big D? W/ bloodworms? W/ bunker or clams? Thanks in advance.

Also, any are you guys troll or just anchor up, bait n wait?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Hey mufish do I have to be on my desk instead of my phone I'm trying to upload but I'm thinking I may need my home computer because it's not working. I'm never posted a photo online before so this is the first appreciate the patient.
You can use phone that's all I use.

1. Click Post reply
2. Scroll down to additional options
2. Click manage attachments (which should open up another window on its own)
3. Click choose file (then select pic u want to use)
4. Click upload pic and wait til it uploads
5. Go back to the reply page and it should show ur attachment in additional options.
6. Click submit button under additional options.

Try it out let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	18898