Hello New Friends - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > South Carolina - Interior
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Default Hello New Friends

Hello to all of you guys. I'm a newbie to this forum and to Striper fishing as well. My name is Richard and I live in Lexington, SC about 2 miles from Lake Murray. I am almost 29 years old and have a four year old son who loves to fish with me. I fished all of the time as a youngster and really got out of fishing as I got older until two years ago when my brother talked me into going to my mother's house, Lake Murray, and fishing. Well we were using cut herring trying to catch catfish when all of a sudden my line went slack. I thought nothing of it but my brother became very excited yelling "set the hook!" I gave the line a tug and on the other end was what is now an addiction for me. I caught my first 8lb striper that day and have gone fishing for stripers every chance I get since then. My son thinks that every fish is a Striper since that's all we fish for. I have always had to fish from a dock as we've never had a boat...until now! I split the cost of a 21ft pontoon boat with a friend of mine and we have a nice trip planned for tomorrow, weather permitting. Like I said, I'm still fairly new to the whole striper fishing game and trying to learn all that I can to make my trips not only more enjoyable, but also more rewarding. I look forward to chatting with everyone and if any of you are local to Lake Murray any tips or trips together would be great. Best of luck to everyone this year, may it be a great season for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Hello New Friends

good luck to you tomorrow,and for the rest of the season and welcome to the site . were still a few weeks away up here in mass from our season .
Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 PM

welcome aboard! there's tons on this site to pull info from! havwe a great '08!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 PM

Hi Richard welcome aboard.

Theres a couple of real good guys here that fish Murray. Great fishermen too.
Have fun - Enjoy the site.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Official Member

Good luck fishing and most of all have fun!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:31 PM

Well, no luck on Saturday. Mother nature had other things in mind with the Tornadoes that came through the area late in the afternoon. We rode it out as long as we could and had to make wake towards land. We are using live herring right now, should we be weighting it or not?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
First Mate

Welcome to the site

Bryan