Summer Stripers in Barnegat Bay - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Official Member

Default Summer Stripers in Barnegat Bay

Hello Everyone,
I am a new guy here and want to say hello. I do need a little bit of help from some of you experienced summer striper fisherman. I will be turning 16 this Sunday and will be able to use my dads boat (a 23' Key West CC) to go fishing from time to time. But also we have a smaller boat (a 15' Boston Whaler CC) to use when it comes out of the shop. I would like to know how to target summer stripers in Barnegat Bay. Around barnegat bay there are many flats, bridges, sod banks and holes. How do you go about catching stripers in these areas. Also I can go in areas of 1' or less with the Boston Whaler so mobility is not a problem. I am also still learning how to use my fly rod so i willl be trying that out too. Thank you guys for any replies.

Tight lines,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Default Re: Summer Stripers in Barnegat Bay

Good to have you on the board John. Summer time brings in warm water so i would concentrate on deeper holes, dropoffs, bridge pilings, and inlets. Shallow water is better in the spring time and at night. I'm sure the guys from Jersey will be more helpfull with your specific area.

Happy Birthday!