The Tail - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 PM

Default The Tail

Does anyone know when the <edit spotburn > tail will start getting hot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Cow Catcher

Default Re:The Tail

A little late in the season,,Check back in that Fall.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

It is pretty hot right now like 70 plus degrees a little too warm for fishing though.

JK
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Angry Re:The Tail

There were a bunch of non-english speakers there fishing last Sat. They were up to there usual tricks, make shift city on the rocks, piles of trash, empty bait containers, empty cig packs, 100 foot coils of line balled up, all left behind for someone else to clean up.I Had family here from VA. and took them up there to admire the view and wind up looking at 35 no-speaks taking a dump all over another RI landmark. Pisses me off! Back to the original post, I didn't ask how they were doing, but I did not see a fish caught while I was there.. DEM could solve the RI budget problem in a weekend enforcing the litter laws!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chev View Post
There were a bunch of non-english speakers there fishing last Sat. They were up to there usual tricks, make shift city on the rocks, piles of trash, empty bait containers, empty cig packs, 100 foot coils of line balled up, all left behind for someone else to clean up.I Had family here from VA. and took them up there to admire the view and wind up looking at 35 no-speaks taking a dump all over another RI landmark. Pisses me off! Back to the original post, I didn't ask how they were doing, but I did not see a fish caught while I was there.. DEM could solve the RI budget problem in a weekend enforcing the litter laws!
Any one who does that should be fined. Beavertail is a beautiful place. Caught my 1st ever striper there this spring. Last time I went there I left at midnight. Place was over run and did look like a makeshift city. People with lanterns and tents, music, lines getting crossed....more like a party than fishing
Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Veteran Elite

Come on!!! For real?????
Old 08-06-2009, 06:36 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Seriously when was that. Every time I have been there have never had an issue. Last time was two weeks ago. That stinks. Generally those guys are hitting tog not Stripers.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Striper Hunter

These guys I saw last weekend were bottom fishing...you know, 10 OZ of weight on their Benny's bought rod and reel special. You are right though...you usually won't see them out there. Times, they are a changin'! 2 weeks ago an oriental family was thrown out of FG (all 32 of them). One of the women had taken a Crock-pot, put it in a baby carriage, covered it with a blanket, wheeled it into the public ladies room, plugged it in and left while her fish (whole, not gutted) were cooking! Can you say fire hazzard!?!? Keep in mind she was not asked to leave the first or even the second time she was told to remove it. It took 3 times and a visit from 1 of J-town's finest to make them leave! I don't understand it... Why is everyone so friggin afraid to reprimand someone that doesn't even know how to speak the english language?????!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Seriously when was that. Every time I have been there have never had an issue. Last time was two weeks ago. That stinks. Generally those guys are hitting tog not Stripers.
For me it had to be at least 6 weeks ago or thereabouts. I was surprised at how many people were there at that time. To each their own...it was just not my style of fishing
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM

This morning at ** 35 and 37
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-02-09_0011.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	11593  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Cow Catcher