Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What happened to the fall run ?????

6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Birddogs1964 
#1 ·
Where the heck are all the fish guys ? Today it was blowing out of the NE like mad , cloudy and cold . Top Water or chunk made no difference . Anyone hearing or seeing anything anywhere ??? You can PM me privately ,
Thanks A Bunch,
Rebekah :redbiggrin: :a_dreaming:

#6 ·
Been real hit or miss around the marshfield to plymouth part of MA as far as me surf casting goes. Haven't given up. As a novice surf caster I was wondering with the hard hitting surf on the beach won't it kick up sand and crap and make it so the fish don't like it? It's been pounding on the beach where I go for a while now. I would have thought that'd be the time, but nothin so far. Sort of murky, but the wind is in my face, so as the saying goes 'fish on the beach'.

#11 ·
I have been trying to get a couple of " Newbies" hooked up before the season comes to an utter end . One is 14 and the other is 40 . The 14 yr old has been with me all season and has learned a lot , I love the smile on his face that won't come off no matter what you do , after he's caught a fish . Gotta love that look in a kid !!!! I think that's what it's all about !!!!

The 40 yr old is a different story , He has the Bug BAD . He's learning but coming in on the end of the season is tuff for him . He almost hooked up twice tonight on a couple of schoolies . But I have to get him to stop yanking the hook out of his mouth when it hits . If he doesn't get one this season , there is always next year .

Hopefully things will start to pick up soon , It would be a nice end to the season. Tight Lines to all Ya ,
Rebekah :redbiggrin: :yourock:

#16 ·
Gunny :
Are you trying to say they are all gone ? I have been getting a few hits here and there but nothing big . Some guys I talked to early on in the season made it sound like they would be running like mad . I don't get it . This has been a weird year.
Thanks,
Rebekah :redbiggrin: :yourock:

#19 ·
I think gunny is saying the opposite actually. Get out and fish the time is wearing thin Soon you will be left with only dreams of Spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.