Raystown lake stripers - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Official Member

Default Raystown lake stripers

I will be going to Raystown lake for the first time Oct. 24th. I want to catch stripers on lures. Any tips etc. would be appreciated. I will be taking my boat.
ronco215
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Raystown lake stripers

Launch from Snyders Run ramp in Huntingdon, I would work top waters along the brest of the dam before sunrise, all the way down to the point of mile marker 2. be careful around the dam and make sure you obey the marker buoys. Just follow the golden rule of lure color suggestions. My all time go to lure on Raystown is Smokey Joe.
Good luck;
Jim
Old 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Official Member

I'll be there with a few other dudes all weekend. We are camping at Senioa Campground. Plan on using some Matzuo "Hunting Dog" Topwater Rainbow Trout (http://www.fishusa.com/Matzuo-Hunting-Dog_p.html). They should be banging. This is my 3rd time there, and caught my biggest Smallie ever there...about 22 inches. Have not yet land a striper or anything exotic. But its a beautiful lake regardless, and a much need escape from the grind/civilization. See you out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Striper Hunter

I've fished there in October and November. Best results were found slow trolling live trout in the Seven Points/Beer Barrel Bay area. When I say slow, I mean slow - about 1 to 1.5 mph. Fishing was done using weights toget the baits to about 20 ft deep all the way up to an unweighted flat line. When the trout get nervous it is because they are being chased by a striper. Great fun!