Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fishing books

Tags
books fishing
11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ez2cdave 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Iwas wondering if you guys out there read fishing books. If so, do you care to recommend a few on saltwater and surf fishing to me? I have been waiting for Milt Rosko's The Complete Book of Saltwater Fishing for over 3 months but I guess it must be out of press or something. I was extremely disappointed with Fishing for Dummies but I guess that I have nothing to complaint about after buying a book written for dummies. This book in my opinion is uninformative and full of errors. I like Baits, Rigs and And Tacke by Vic Dunaway. Somehow this is what I thought that fishing for dummies was going to be like. I guess that is the extent of my fishing library, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Robalo.

#3 ·
The greatest fishing book of all time is finally back in print (after I shelled out a stupid amount of money for an original copy :frustrated: )
Reading the Water by Robert Post - every striper fisherman should own a copy.

Ed, we have a copy in the club library.

#4 ·
thumbsup.gif
On the Water is not a how-to book, but a great collection of stories by people who fish, a lot, and during these cold, fishless winter months you can not go wrong giving it a read.
I just finished Striper Surf bt Frank Daignault, and The Complete Surfcaster by C Boyd Pfeiffer, Thank God for Sudsy and the fishing club library.

#5 ·
franks ability to smell bass freaked me out when i read it. people think i;m nuts when i tell them i smell bass. a barbed hook is for when you don;t want to lose the fish of a lifetime and carrying a gaff as you may want to keep a fish is "well" just a fisherman to me/. as a flyrodders choice of reads it was a pretty entertaining read. i have c. boyd pfieffer's TACKLE CRAFT, old book and alot of great old stand-by;s with rigging techniques. i really want to read THE FISHERMANS OCEAN! by Dr David A Ross. if anyone comes across it please let me know/.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.