Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Must Have Surfcasting Books and reviews

34K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  ez2cdave 
#1 ·
A Season On The Edge - Stories From A Surfcaster's Year.

John Skinner
You can purchase this at any one of the following Long Island or Rhodie shops
or directly from the Noreast.com shopping cart

Rocky Point Fishing Stop
Tightlines - Sag Harbor
Causeway -
LI Outdoorsman - Rockville Center
J&J - Patchogue
Campsite - Huntington Station
Northport Rod and Reel
Fisherman's Depot - College Point
Paulie's - Montauk
The Saltwater Edge, RI
Surfcasting Rhode Island

Just started reading it and cant put it down. thumbsup.gif

#2 ·
The Art of Surfcasting with Lures
Zeno Hromin
You can order it direct from Zeno or from some of the online surfcasting shops.
From Zenos site
Another great surfcasters book for the novice fisherman to the advanced veteran surfcaster. Great fun read.

#3 ·
I would like to suggest

"Inshore Fly Fishing" by Lou Tabory.

It covers reading the beach far better than any other book out there. It is a fly fishing book, but the information is mostly general to all styles.

#6 ·
ATLANTIC SURF FISHING BY LESTER. BOYD

After hearing about this book from other members on this site I decided to buy it. It is the best fishing book I've ever read. Tons of information, very informative.

also....

STRIPER CHRONICLES BY LEO N. ORSI JR.

This is a great book to read during the off season. The book contains tons of Lee Orsi JR's fishing stories from Block Island.

I bought both books from Amazon.com

Just got my copy of Inshore Fly Fishing by Lou Tabory. I'm no fly fisherman but Khary recommended this book to me a long time ago and I never got around to buying it. I got the book because there is a ton of information on how to read the beach......definetly worth picking up if your new to surf fishing and are like me and have no clue how to read the beach.

#8 ·
Being the librarian for my club and having 4 milk crates full of books and videos at my disposal means I've read a LOT of fishing books

That being said, my favorite by far is Reading the Water by Post.

Anytime I find myself starting to lose that edge, when that desire to make the long drive to the beach starts to fade, I read a chapter or two. Never fails to get me exited about fishing again.

#11 ·
I enjoyed the Book Surfcaters Guide to the Stripercoast By Muller also.

Another I found very informative was The Fishermans Guide to the Ocean By David Ross. He is a scientist at woods hole and avid fisherman. The Book provides a look at all different aspects of fishing regarding tidal currents, different types of water, bait fish patterns, etc. etc.

Striper Moon By Kenney Abrames is a great read also.

#12 ·
I just finished reading "The art of surfcasting with lures" by Zeno Hromin. As a noob I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot. Very informative, great stories, and more to it than just lures such as conditions, when to use certain equipment, tides, etc

Next up on the list is his book "The hunt for big stripers"

#13 ·
Just picked up a copy of The Fisherman's Ocean by David Ross. This book shows "How marine science can help you find and catch more fish." I just started reading it but this book was definitely written for me...too bad I didn't buy it years ago.

If you are like me and have had people tell you that "You take fishing too seriously" then this book might be for you. I could sit here for hours describing it.....so if you have any questions send me a PM because I'm seriously in love with this book. If not, go and buy it for yourself....if your already a member of Stripers247.com then you'll probably be happy spending the $20 for this book because it was written for you too.

#14 ·
""ATLANTIC SURF FISHING BY LESTER. BOYD

After hearing about this book from other members on this site I decided to buy it. It is the best fishing book I've ever read. Tons of information, very informative.""

I bought this book today on Amazon for $3.99, can't wait to read it. Found a bunch of books suggested in this thread for really cheap, I guess most people are buying digital versions these days and the real books are selling for next to nothing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.