Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Surf fishing books

9K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  ez2cdave 
#1 ·
What are some of the best Surf Fishinbg Books you read?

#5 ·
Look for Reading the Water: Adventures in Surf Fishing on Martha's Vineyard by Robert Post and Henry Lyman, it's a collection of short stories about striper fishing (nothing to do with reading the water), very entertaining.

#6 ·
atlantic surf fishing....good choice roc, a friend of mine gave me a copy his mother had ready to thow away a few years ago...im glad he caught it in time it is a very good book, lots of humor in it. the cover of that book really catches my eye. nice bass hes dragging out of the water. another good place to read lots of info is here @ stripers247....you can learn a lot.

#9 ·
the Striper surf is a great book also check out

Eastern tides by Frank Daignault
The trophy Striper by Frank Daignault, though it has alot of the same info as striper surf

Fly Fishing the striper surf by Frank Daignault

The surf casters guide to baits, rigs, and lures by Milt Rosko is informative, but you can find all the same info on this site for free

two other good reads though they are memoirs and not instructional are
The moon pulled up an acre of bass by Peter Kaminsky, and
On the run by David Di Benedetto

and on the conservation front definitely read Striper wars by Dick Russel

#10 ·
This thread is old but I just finished reading:

Striper Chronicles: East Coast Surf Fishing Legends & Adventures. It's a pretty good book with lots of info but mostly just short stories....it's definently worth reading.

Also I just started reading Atlantic Surf Fishing by Lester C Boyd and I already love it. Packed with info.......if you havent read it yet then I highly reccomend going to Amazon.com and getting a copy....definently worth your money.

#12 ·
The two newest ones are the aforementioned Zeno's The art of Surfcasting with Lures
and "A Season on the Edge" - John Skinner. By far the best written and entertaining book Ive read.
Alberto Knie says he has a book coming out this year too.

#13 ·
:sign4:ON THE RUN An Angler's Journey Down the Striper Coast by David DiBenedetto was published in 2003 and why no one on this Striper Forum has commented on it is beyond this newbie. This guy quits his day job in NYC to chase the Stripers from Maine to North Carolina during the Fall run of 2001. This good ole boy from Savannah, GA was just making his way in the world of Journalism and has since held top editorial positions with Field and Stream, Saltwater Sportsman and Garden and Gun magazines. To quote one of the book reviewers "DiBenedetto's On The Run ranks among the finest outdoor writing I've read in in the last decade. It's hilarious, articulate, lyrical and real. The first chapter alone is wort h the price of passage. But you wont stop there." Here is a link to the books' website: http://www.stripersontherun.com/index.html My connection to this talented young man goes back to the 1990's when he was in high school and worked as an unpaid mate on my Deep Sea Charter boat the Saltshaker during the summer. I have long since "retired" from the rigors of bouncing in the Atlantic Ocean every day and David has gone on to a successful career in journalism. :sign4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.