Still Skunked, but pics of new yak! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Kayaking Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Kayaking Stripers A forum for the YAK'rs out there.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Still Skunked, but pics of new yak!

Well, still hoping to catch that one BIG hybrid b4 season closes up, trying Ohio river this sat., nothing happening on East Fork so far, a few dinks, so not completely skunked, I guess!
Let me see if I can load these pics:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 AM

Nice pics Jeff.

Good luck this saturday. :)
Old 10-27-2005, 07:52 AM

Thanks, Jim,
Yakkers and hybrid'rs must be fishing, looks kind of lonely on these two sites! Local Ohiogamefishers.com postings are fairly active, hybrids have been active in local tribs of the Ohio River, stripers are following shad back to Ohio at this point. I've seen some nice fish, close to 30", which is good for hybrid. Fellow gave away a honey hole he fished on Ohio river last weekend, I'll check it out at daybreak Sat. AM.
Hope your fishing is good, I watched an old video of Roccus night fishing w/eels last night, that'll stir you up!
God Bless,
Jeff
PS: My son and daughter live in Bel Air MD, he's heard of 'rockfish', a trip to Baltimore might be my ticket to the big ones!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 AM

Yea the boards arent active if nobody posts. :) Its like what Yogi says "Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded".

30 inches is a huge hybrid. The real fishing is just getting started for us.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:44 AM

Nice pics Jeff!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Best YET!

Finally got a keeper:
Trinity Anne
7 lbs, 1 oz
19 inches (hows that stack up to the lenght/weight chart? :))
10/26/05, 0230 AM
5th grandchild, she's on far right, about to lose her head to her brother!
Well, can't post this pic, used highest quality/resolution, I'll start a gallery, go check her out, she's a KEEPER :)
Jeff
Can't post in gallery either, how do you reduce the size of a pic file?
OR, WHY DONT WE MAKE THE SITE ABLE TO TAKE BIGGER, BETTER QUALITY PIXS????? :)
Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 AM

congrats, nu2 ...get those pics posted ;)

— Jed Clampett
Old 10-29-2005, 11:06 AM

Jeff I use this free software to reduce the sizes. see thread here.
https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2209

also I will change the configs for larger sizes to see if that will work. Try it again
Congrats Gramps. :)

Jim
Old 10-29-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Trinity Anne pics from Grampa

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a shot.
BTW, put kayak in today, couple of little white bass, but beautiful day to be on river.
Jeff
Still limited to 256K, I'll try the software you gave link to, Jim
Old 11-01-2005, 08:11 PM

It appears as though you guys have to register your kayaks in Ohio, what all does that require?
Chad
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM

Default registering canoe/kayak in OH

Hey Chad,
Pretty simple, here are a few Ohio BMV locations that do watercraft registration. $15 and your title or bill of sale, w/serial number (kind of like VIN), you get Ohio sticker, plus 8 digit alphanumeric code to stick on.
I didn't think it was important, until I was putting yak in State Park water first time, ranger was right on me, checked out sticker and lettering.
Didn't go into safety routine, just wanted to be sure I was registered.
A guy I yak/fish with, yak not over 9ft., has it registered, keeps you legal.
I could see safety issue too, someone finds my yak, and not me, could trace it down, find me or next of kin.
Any idea how the registration issue works if you travel to outside say a bordering state? I'd like to visit my kids in Bel Air MD, and put in Chesapeake, would love to take on Bay stripers. Do you have to register in another state, or just have current non-resident fishing license?
Good to meet you Chad,
Jeff
Old 11-02-2005, 11:29 AM

Kayaks are not requried to be registered in VA or MD so you'd be fine. I guess I was just wondering what you get in return or if it was just another way for the state to generate money. I could put my on information on my yak for it's return if lost. I guess that would require an honest perosn finding it and I guess to some degree it still would if lost and registered. Also, If you fall under jurisdiction of maritime law they could claim it if they found it anyway. I just anticipate the smae thing happening here eventually and was wondering how you felt about it. Thanks for the response.
Chad
Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 AM

Default income from registrations

Chad,
I'm a simple kind of guy. I know with lobby groups, and assoc. like your's, there is some impact on legislation, where our tax moneys and fees for registrations go.
I don't give it much thought. I just pay what is required, and go on about my business.
The Little Miami River here in Ohio is a National and State Scenic river. From what I understand, being transplanted here 18 years ago from MO, this river, as well as other waterways and lakes in Ohio, have improved leaps and bounds in water quality and habitat for wildlife.
I'm going to make a general assumption here, that groups and individuals pushed for the eco improvements, and the powers that be have responded pretty much positively.
So, with all that, hoping $$ go toward improving, regulating and enforcing laws that keep us moving toward co-habitating w/nature.
Jesus said render to Caeser what is caeser's, and to God what is God's.
I keep it simple, stay current w/taxes and fees, and give from a cheerful heart to God's work on this earth. You can't take it with you anyway, but you can take THEM with you, so it's ultimately about winning souls for God's Kingdom.
Hope to visit your beautiful neck of the woods some day soon, yak fish for salt water fishys!
Jeff