Irrevocable Decision - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > Hunting / Game
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hunting / Game Big game, Upland game and Water fowl forums Wildlife management, Equipment, Dogs, Calls, Firearms

Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Irrevocable Decision

Once the trigger is squeezed, the pin strikes the primer, the powder explodes, pressure of the explosive gasses causes the projectile to exit the barrel at hypersonic speed. There is no turning back, no catch and release. Hunting with a gun or bow is forever. A life ends.
A few years ago a father and son were out hunting, as they had many times before. They were known to bend the rules at times. Boundaries meant nothing in the pursuit of a trophy Buck. The son went into private property, not the first time, to push a buck to his father and uncles. He removed his orange vest and crawled through thick brush at the last known position they saw the deer. The old man squeezed the trigger when he saw movement in the thick brush.................................................
If your target is not Identified beyond a resonable doubt, if you can't assure a clean and quick death, with all respect for the mercy your quarry deserves, Don't create the chain reaction of death.
I take more pity on the deer I have killed and provided their meat for food on many tables than the rag heads I have harvested. Every one I have shot or put a broad head too was done with respect and honor for it's life. There is no way possible that a friend or relative will ever see an untimely end because I mistakenly pulled a trigger on them.
It is the way a true outdoorsman lives the golden rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Irrevocable Decision

This is a 22 minute film on the tragic story of Jimmy Griffin who was killed in a hunting accident by his best friend and lifelong hunting partner. The film is a sobering reminder of the importance of taking every safety precaution possible while hunting.

The film is dedicated to the memory of James "Jimmy" Griffin
April 7th 1983 - November 8, 2004

Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 PM
HDH

What a Sad story and hopefully it will prevent another accident from happening. Hard to justify shooting at something with a scope and not telling what it was beforehand even if it was dark common sense should have prevailed!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Angry Re: Irrevocable Decision

TO MANY PEOPLE HUNTING IN ONE AREA ...not only to many people hunting to close......... but people hunting together that dont know where each other are is a receipt for an accident ...THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS CARRY A FLASH LIGHT WHEN I WALK OUT OF THE WOODS ..BE care full out their my friends their are alot of people out their that say they are hunters that dont have no place in the woods ...this video just pisses me off no flash lights no communication between each other it just makes no sense. the part that gets me is he heard a whistle and then a noise in front of him and shot what a moron if you take aim know what is beyond your target or in this case what your target is .P.S THEIR IS NO WAY HE COULD SEE THROUGH HIS SCOPE ANYWAY TO SHOOT LETS SEE HIM EXPLAIN THAT ONE....UNTIL NEXT TIME PLEASE BE SAFE
Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Official Member

Wink Re: Irrevocable Decision

I have taken one of my sons out deer hunting with me since he was about 9 years old . One of the most IMPORTANT RULES that I have drilled into his head is this : NEVER EVER , EVER SHOOT AT SOMETHING YOU CAN NOT IDENTIFY . I have told him that if we are hunting for deer or Turkey or whatever and you can not POSITIVELY say it's what you are hunting , DON'T SHOOT !!!!! That once you pull that trigger , there is no way to take it back .

To this day ...... He lives and breathes that rule first and for most , because I Insist on it . The second rule that I have drilled into him that goes hand in hand with the first rule is : ALWAY THINK ABOUT WHAT IS BEYOND THE TARGET !!!! Do not take the shot if there is a house , road or a person or anything sketchy , or you are not sure of what's behind the target . It's as simple as that !! And I have told him that if he wants to hunt with me , he needs to follow those two rules AT ALL TIMES no matter what , or I will tear up his license in front of him and take the gun and he won't ever go out with me again . And he knows I will .

There have been several times that I could see a deer and wonder at the time why he isn't shooting , he'd say later ..... " I could not see for sure what it was Mom , so I did not take the shot," Or "There was a road behind that Buck , and I was hoping he would move to the right away from the road so I could take the shot , but he moved toward the road instead so I let him walk . "

You teach them when they are young and hopefully , the next generation of hunters will not shoot willie nillie when in the woods , with no common sense . I know , I am expecting to much but I can Hope .
Rebekah
Old 12-11-2010, 08:29 PM