Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Squidder upgrade questions

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BMITCH 
#1 ·
Has anyone hot rodded a squidder and if so what mods did you install looking for advise i have the conventional bug and like the old squidder.

#4 ·
Ok I have two 145 squidders with Tiburon frames and aluminum spools. I also put on a set of power handles. I do not understand how the Mag brake system works but it seems like a good way to control the spool speed. Can you educate a newbi on the brake system the pictures I have seen all show magnets glued to the side plates but nothing on the spool if aluminum is non magnetic how does this work or am I missing something? Do you have a source for the magnets that you like? Thanks for any advise.

#3 ·
I love Squidders - they are tough, work great and are easy service. I have modded a few here is a 146 with Tiburon frame and jumbo handle and a Penn aluminum spool

This is a 140 with Tib frame and Newell spool.

Also have several more 140's and another 146 - which is my favorite chunking/clamming reel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.