Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Glad to be a part of the group! NC angler here.

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  The Striper Whisperer 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the next puddle they get to throw a line in. Me, well, I carry two rods everywhere I go. My 5-wt fly rod and my heavy spinning rod (Rebel T10 always attached). Landing a big trout in a wide river makes me happy, but watching a striper devour my topwater and then fighting him in is the best feeling of all!.
I've been pretty limited on the striper fishing. Mainly at Badin Lake in NC, where we only have resovior stripers. Still, we manage a few 15 lbers from the shore each year. I've visibly seen them in Lake James, NC but that water is so clear, I have trouble getting them to bite. As for the trout fishing, Oconaluftee River, Nantahala River and Wilson Creek are my favorite haunts, while I'll take any stream any chance I get.

I do need help with a New Years Trip I'm planning. Im sure its on the forum somewhere but can't find it yet. My woman and I (she loves striper fishing too!!!) might be headed out to the outter banks for the New Years weekend. Where should we go for the best fishing action, wading from shore...no boat.......yet :), and what should we take. I have the assorted Rebel lures and a few eels. I am hoping someone will have an idea of whats best to use at this time of year.

Thanks all and hope to see you out there!

:usa: Love this land

See less See more
#3 ·
Oregon Inlet a few miles south of Nags Head on hwy 12. If you have a four wheel drive vehicle you're in business, you can drive up and down the beach and find a spot. Live eels are the preferred bait, but throwing plugs and things can produce fish also. There are some nice fish in that area this tme of year. Good luck, and keep us posted...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.