Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

a tale of 2 tailraces

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  LittleMiamiJeff 
#1 ·
A fishing buddy of mine invited me to fish Guntersville dam tailrace last Saturday, 3/10...catch of the day: a bunch of drum, a couple of whiteys, 2 sauger, one small spotted bass and some skipjack. (sorry, no pics..lol)

Another fishing buddy opted to fish Wheeler dam (one dam downriver from Guntersville)
He fished for about 4 hours and caught 18 of these ranging from 8 to 16 pounds:
:frustrated:

I did, however, get a pic of a really sharp fishing rig parked in front of the bait shop!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ah, gotcha!
Here's a repeat, and I'll tell you what, Craig, the guy with the rollback, went above and beyond to get us in the water and save a fishing trip!
Smack Tackle took a trip to Cumberland a couple weeks ago, same trip Todd/Lunkerhuntin took the dive off the transom for Scott's/Mean Morone's baitcaster combo.
Early Friday we went into town to gas up the Bonito, Todd's trihull.
He adjusted the air in the trailer tires, truck tires, and elimnated the wag we experienced all the way from Cincinnati. We had just left the filling station, I had prayed for a great day fishing, thanking God for His beautiful creation, asking Him to keep us safe, said AMEN, when BAM!, Scott says "there goes the tire" then BAM! louder, Scott says "there goes the spindle" and we're scraping a nice gouge in the asphalt, Todd gets it over almost off the road to the shoulder, we aren't even out of the truck yet, there's a local police officer, "you all need a roll back?" and right behind him, a guy, Craig, pulls up, "I got a rollback, you need it?" and the cop pulls away, Craig hooks us up with a local marine repair shop for parts, goes and gets his roll back, picks boat up, meets us at marine shop, i. d.'s the parts he needs, and says" I'll launch your boat so you can fish, I'll fix trailer axle/spindle, and you can pick it up Sunday so you can go home"

We had a great trip, lot's of schoolies, 3 keepers, 3 nights of several hundred casts each, but God gave me arms, and I'm willing to use them! :)
Todd and Scott are great striper hunters, and I'm always blessed to be taught by the best!
LMJeff

[/URL]
[/img]
[/URL]
[/img]
[/URL][/img]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.