Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Thoughts.....Daiwa Sealine x20SHA

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MASSfisher0311 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Does anybody have any experience with this reel....particularly from the surf?

I'm a big Shimano guy but I won this reel in a contest. I've fished it a few times now and I can throw 3 oz of lead a mile with it. I have it spooled up with 50 pound power pro and it has performed well on some much bigger fish (California bat rays to be exact-in the 40 pound range).

I plan on using it for bucktailing and would like to put it on a 10-11 foot rod. In the surf I will most likely strip the 50 pound braid and go with 30-40 pound.

Specs:

Gear ratio: 6.1:1
Weight: 15.5oz
Capacity: 20lb 210yards

Do you guys see this as a practical reel for what i plan on using it for? If not I can always use it as a boat rod.

Also, i did a search on the sealine and only came up with posts about the sealine surf rod...as much as I love Shimano i may look into these rods if they are made to match the sealine reel.

Thanks,

Brian

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Jake. I was worried about the size as I've heard of guys using the 30sha for stripers but never the 20. I suppose those guys are using heavier rods anyways or at least are bait and wait guys slinging a lot of lead.

Its not the greatest reel in the world but it has a pretty simple design, casts really good, and is able to handle the sand/salt for the most part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.