Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Has the Delaware River striper run started?

11K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  shandlin 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum, never bank fished for stripers, but want to give it a go. Anyone fishing the Delaware River? I'm used to chunking in the bay. All I know is bloodworms is the bait in the river, any suggestions beyond that?

#2 ·
delaware river stripers

stripers will be hear when the herring start running. i posted another forum on this board titled (herring run) so far one reply....keep an eye on it, maybe someone knows some signs...when i hear there catching herring up in trenton,the fishing is on thumbsup.gif if you can get herring thats the key to big boys....

#6 ·
Where I'm fishing...I hope it's where the fish are!

Anywhere I can find! Probably National Park and south of there. Like I said, I've never done this kind of fishing, but it sure will help me from hurting myself until I get the boat in the water and get out in the bay!

#7 ·
A pair of hip waders will serve you well in many parts of the Delaware. Look for creek mouths. Its still a tad early but Im hearing of fish being taken. Yesterday i went and tested out a new outfit. Very windy and much colder today. The river is low for this time of the year but nice and clear.

#8 ·
A friend of mine just bought a new 17 Lund the other day and we tested it out of the Neshaminy ramp (PS. are they fixing that marina up, wow). Anyway, we ran it all the way up to the Thunder's Stadium, checking spots along the way. If their in there we didn't mark anything. but, it's still early yet. give it another two to three weeks and then you'll be able to walk across the water without getting wet to get over to Trenton.

PS. If the weather changes back to what it was on Monday down here, and stays there, the Shad and Herring should be up by the end of the month and then the bass will be right behind them. Yeeeha!

#12 ·
gettin' excited!

th_icon_loll.gif laughing4.gif :bigcry: Someone told me Bloodworms are going for $18.00 a doz. Is this true? I know last year they were scarce and bait dealers had those "Nuclear Worms", they were something...

Anyway, I've heard a few fish were caught but not the specifics, and I'm gettin' excited.

#13 ·
Re: gettin' excited!

Daid said:
th_icon_loll.gif laughing4.gif :bigcry: Someone told me Bloodworms are going for $18.00 a doz. Is this true? I know last year they were scarce and bait dealers had those "Nuclear Worms", they were something...

Anyway, I've heard a few fish were caught but not the specifics, and I'm gettin' excited.
10 bucks a dz.for me in Pa headbang.gif

#14 ·
Tell me where, I think I'll be fishing the Pa. side anyway. Have you seen the talk in the Striper room, out of Maine they are $35.00 for 2 doz. but free shipping. It's always something, every year.
If you want to keep your scource a secret, I'll understand, 'cause I've heard nothin' but $18 here. :notworthy:

Here I go, over the bridge to....GET WORMS!! headbang.gif

#15 ·
Hey Daid, are you talking about the little red tackle shop in Morrisville. If so, I was just at his place last week and he didn't have any yet, if he was getting any at all. He also said that he was very disapointed about the size they sent him last year. I did inform him that according to Maine's law on worms (if you can believe that...a law on worms, cheeeez) says that anything under 6" is illegal for the harvesters to keep and obviously illegal to sell. Let me know your source. Thanks

#17 ·
Daid said:
Tell me where, I think I'll be fishing the Pa. side anyway. Have you seen the talk in the Striper room, out of Maine they are $35.00 for 2 doz. but free shipping. It's always something, every year.
If you want to keep your scource a secret, I'll understand, 'cause I've heard nothin' but $18 here. :notworthy:

Hey Guys I was getting them at Brinkmans Linden and State in Pa.Or Eds in Croydon Pa.on Haunted lane. thumbsup.gif

#19 ·
Little Ricky said:
Daid said:

Hey Guys I was getting them at Brinkmans Linden and State in Pa.Or Eds in Croydon Pa.on Haunted lane. thumbsup.gif
Found a place in DE called Eastern Marine (in Newark, off 896) that states they sell them for $6.99 all the time - got some last weekend and most were decent. Just wish the fish were biting at the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.