Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

any suggestions on a good Raystown Lake charter?

25K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  out4trout 
#1 ·
I have been on two seperate charters on two consecutive years on Raystown lake with the same charter service, on each occasion there was 4 of us on the charter and we have yet to hook up with a striper let alone land one of the elusive giants. I did manage to hook up with a couple fish on a solo trip to Raystown whereas I took my own boat and gave it an effort without the benefit of an experienced guide but i was not able to land either of the fish. I would like to take my son to Raystown and let him get a taste of the striped giants. can anyone offer any reccomendations?
thanks.
.....Willy

#5 ·
Well the only guide I would reccomend on the lake would the Tim Grace and his crew only due to the fact that I know they put money back into the lake for the fishery on a regular basis. Im not gonna say much but sparky is a good fisherman but............. Willy if your getting into fish on the lake but are having trouble bringing them to the boat ya should consider joining the Raystown striper club. They have monthly meetings/picnics and they have times where the experienced fishermen will take the newbies of the lake out and teach them what they need to know. Great group of guys to meet!!! There website is www.raystownstriperclub.com If you have any questions on the lake shoot me a PM or email at lineslide83@yahoo.com

#6 ·
Well tell you what, I've been out with 4 - different guides on Raystown in the past 2 yrs. for 5 trips total. Sparky Price is a little caustic but he knows his stuff too . Caught 2 stripers , lost 2 , and the biggest small mouths I've ever had on . Tim Grace and his crew are great too but much more laid back. had a little slower success with his crew but remember , I went in the middle of the summer with them, not really prime time so to speak. The fish with Tims crew averaged 20 lbs. , so can't complain there. I've fished with all of Tims captains and Tim too. If you want any more info. , contact me privately at my e-mail. Coming from a charter fishing family running 2 boats up in ontario up to 5 yrs. ago , I expect alot from these captains, patience and respect is one of them. I fish Raystown a bit for muskies and stripers. Feel free to contact me if you want to go out. Good Luck !!!!

#11 · (Edited)
Lunker Guide Service--Matt Devoli--went out with him twice last year and have trip booked for April---each time all 3 of us caught at least 1 striper not to mention several lake trout--he fishes hard and goes strong all day long---great experience each time---have pictures but I'm too dumb to post em here{keeps saying they aren't valid pictures} If interested e-mail me and maybe I can figure out how to send the pictures---lunkerguideservice.com

#15 ·
I agree. We called another guide but was never able to get an answer. After seeing your post, we contacted Dan and landed some nice stripers. He really worked his tail off for us. We booked another trip for lake trout and it was equally fun. Looking forward to getting some time off to go back.

I highly recommend Dan!

#16 ·
raystown

fish it yourself if you have a boat, fresh ideas may land the big one, i fish this lake very often, i do not do the guide thing, you can catch big ones on your own, lots of rumours about the guide mentioned in the begining, d h ,,,, so hold on to any thoughts of booking with the d h,,,,, gooo d luck

#17 ·
I went out with Sparky Price at the beginning of November and didn't catch anything. He was having problems with his trailer and that's all he cared about and didn't put much effort into fishing. I scheduled another trip on 11-14 and the bum never showed up. Wouldn't answer his phone. I would strongly suggest staying away from his business, "Trophy Guide Service".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.