Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Raystown Lake Stripers

15K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  brucec 
#1 ·
I recently moved to Raystown Lake vicinity and have an 18' Parker center console rigged for all kinds of fishing. My problem is I don't know anyone to go fishing with. I am trying to learn the Lake but it is going slow. Does anyone know a club or fishing hangout where there may be some interested fishing hounds.
I am used to saltwater, but I am told there are 50lb plus stripers in the lake. It is big, 26 miles long and depths to 125'. Need assistance here from Raystown afficionados. By the way, there realy aren't many fishing shops nearby. The ones I have found are all small Mom and Pop operations with very little decent gear. I really dislike Wally World and the only other source is Dick's Big Box Store. No expertise there. Bass Pro and Cabela's are 100 miles away.

#3 ·
Hi guys welcome to the board. welcome.gif
You can find the info your looking for here and links to The Raystown striper club. The page isnt comprehensive or complete until we finish the new site data base but you can still find usefull links and info here. http://stripers247.com/raystownlake.htm

also if you type in raystown in the search up top you will find the us army corp info on raystown in the Pa hybrids and pure striper link.

#5 ·
www.raystownstriperclub.com
Great club to join with lots of great people that will help ya out a ton. The only club that is dedicated just to Raystowns fishery. For stores check out scotts sporting goods his prices are higher then most out there but they are really GREAT people. At least stop by and talk to them they can help ya out alot also. Ever since I have been going up there I make sure I stop by their place and at least say hello. That is one place I dont mind spending a couple extra bucks for something as they can use all the business they can get. I dread the day I see them go! For fishing just keep at it sometimes it seems there is not a fish in the lake but some days it seems to easy. Check out the striper club and ya wont regret it!

#6 ·
Just got back from my first trip to raystown lake from pittsburgh. We do alot of hybrid striper fishing in lake arthur (butler co. PA) and figured we'd give it a try (only 150 mile drive). Let me just say the day was insaine. We moved all around the lake and there were spots you could walk across (from boat to jet ski to water skier to boat):mad: in the more open areas like the dam, I couldn't keep the boat in one spot long enough to fish due to all the violent boat wakes. All in alll it was a disapointing trip.

#7 ·
That sucks. 150 miles is Montauk for me.
Damn. Ive heard its bad there in the summer time and has a chop like the Delaware bay from all the houseboats.
Night time late September is supposed to be really nice.

welcome.gifWelcome to the board. slipperyrock

#8 ·
Raystown hunting and fishing out on 22 is kind of a dive and approximatey the size of a large broom closet, but they have a fair amount of tackle crammed in there and the prices aren't too bad....as far as fishing...night is your best bet for deqaling with that boat traffic in the summer..try trolling from marker six to the dam and around baker's hollow....6 inch creek chubs on a down rigger about 18 feet works well...slowly.....

#9 ·
Hello Iam new to the area and plan on fishing Raystown Lake this year 2008. I dont know to many guys that like to fish all they do is hunt. I have a 16.5 fisher boat set up fair. Looking for good fishing buddy. I like to fish for strippers, trout. realy all fish but most of all just to have fun on the lake.
Chas

#10 ·
Well have to change this message I replied to just noticed it was posted back in 2006

New members to this message base been fishing Lake Raystown for 35 years though as you all know a very hard lake to fish got this one the other day, Took me 35 years to catch this one

I fish all over have an RV spend the winters in south Texas stay up here at Raystown most of the summer.
Happy fishing and RVing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.