Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Lake Arthur Update: 5/14/10

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cbaker 
#1 ·
The fishing was great from beginning to end. We landed about 15+ stripers with 3 biggies. The weather was cool with wind gusts throughout the night. The alewifes were jumping everywhere and the herons were flying all night. Fished from about 9:00pm to 3:30am. I'll be heading out again Saturday night.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello CB,

I try to fish at night on Lake arthur, but i don't really think I know what I'm doing. Could I please ask you for some tips on how you go about catching them? I live an hour away from the lake, so I can't go often, so I was wondering if there was a way to increase my chances. I'll tell you what I do so maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong. I catch alewifes and I hook them through their back and I dont use a split shot or weight or bobber. I go where its shallow across from bear run (where all the boats are) and try to cast at drop offs at about 5 fow. I can't cast far as the fish easily comes off. I try slowly reeling in the line or sometimes i just leave the line out. Any help would be appreciated. You really seem like quite the expert.

Thanks
John

#4 ·
Hey John,

It sounds like you use the same method that my buddies and I use. I never fished over by Bear Run, but maybe you should try to find a few different areas. When we first started up there, we only fished off of the 528 and caught ok numbers. Try to locate the flat areas and the alewifes, because that is where the stripers will be. It also helps to fish the right times and temps. Sorry about the late reply, but I stop striper fishing early in the season because of all the boats and rude fisherman. I try to get my fix early and often. Good luck next year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.