So, are ya Really Ready - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 01:59 AM
First Mate

Default So, are ya Really Ready

I just got done tying ten teaser tails and was pretty satisfied with my work. I started looking around at my things (gear) and thought to myself “I think I’m ready “ no kidding, I spent way less than last year , mostly lures, about $600, line, got another reel and I’m tying Jigs like a mad man, but this is not just for the Spring season and should carry me well into the Cape Cod season. So yeah I’m pretty much done and happy, Oh there’s some minor things that I’ll be getting for the Striper Camp but not much, So, hope you’re all getting ready for this spring season, lets hear what ya'll got.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Striper Hunter

I'm going to hit the cap cod canal this year for the first time. I got a new daiwa bg 4500 for it, now I need to buy some 40lb ppwer pro and about 200 bucks worth of lures, hopefully less haha. Do you fish the beaches in cape cod or any other spots from shore other than the canal?
Old 03-29-2018, 05:08 AM
First Mate

I fish all over the Cape mostly in a boat but in early June I like fishing the beaches and Jetty on the Bass River one of my favorite places
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2018, 05:11 AM
First Mate

I would strongly suggest buying your lures from Canal Bait and Tackle, it’s free shipping after $30 and they have Everything you’re gonna need, lemme know if you have any questions regarding what to buy
Old 03-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Official Member

Default Re: So, are ya Really Ready

I hit the canal last year. Search online for the PDF that details the parking spots along the canal, its very helpful. Get yourself some BIG pencil poppers while you're stocking up. You can launch the big ones almost halfway across the canal if you're any good. If you plan to use poppers, get out there EARLY before the steady boat traffic pins all the fish to the bottom. At that point you'd have to start jigging and I didn't see a lot of folks doing that. The locals all seemed to suggest the poppers and early morning attacks.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Striper Hunter

I checked out that website. It's perfect! Thanks man. Where do you go with the boat up the canal or buzzards bay and cape cod area?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Striper Hunter

Awesome I will stick up on some 7 inch xd tsunami pencil poppers. The other ones are expensive. My 10 ft penn prevail should be fine for that. I deffiantly want to jig as well some 3, 4 oz with al gags and some 10 inch eels. But I'm going to have to buy a stronger rod before I do that. Im thinking of buying an tsunami airwave or airwave elite.