Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Moving the chains...

Tags
chains moving
3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zimno1 
#1 ·
In football, the quick strike is exciting, but the most productive way to score is to "move the chains" thus meaning a slow constant drive towards the goal line..

Plug making is the same way, a quick batch of plugs can be temporarily rewarding, but , groups of plugs in various stages of production allows for a better more rewarding product... beginners often are in a rush to "get 'er done" and are impatient, often leading to sealing, and paint /finish related problems...

I always have something in some stage of production, that way I can vary my work from a few minutes here and there to a full day dedicated to the making of plugs..
Here are a series of pictures taken over the last few nights, it covers everything being worked on and demonstrates , how each stage lends to the other....

the plugs on the drying rack were sealed over the last few days, sealing only take a few minutes, so once they are done dripping, the date they were sealed is hung with them and they are allowed to dry...in the mean time, plugs are being primed and painted, while I'm waiting for paint to dry, I assemble plugs that were epoxied the previous night, while I'm doing all this, I have a batch in the spinner(s) being epoxied.... Tomorrow I turn a bunch of blanks and the process renews itself, this way I am rewarded with each facet of plug making, from the actual turning to assembling the finished product... the last picture is another group of Medium Pikies and surfsters I assembled last night...

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.