Indian River Inlet - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Saltwater Species
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Species Whatever else you're catching or want to catch. Cod / Tuna / Fluke / Blues / Weakfish / Tataug / Sea Bass / Flounder / Shark / Snook / Bonefish / Tarpon / Redfish / Barracuda / Sea Trout / Cobia, etc...

Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Indian River Inlet

I'm planning a trip to Indian River in July, and I have a question. Part of the time I'll be fishing for stripers, using live eels at night, and plugs during the day. But I know people also fish the riprap for 'tog, and I'm wondering, exactly what type of rig do you use? I understand the bait is generally sand fleas or peelers or squid, and I know you lose a lot of tackle, but I'm wondering, what exactly is the best way to put your bait down amongst those rocks? I've fished there before, but it's been almost 20 years, so any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Indian River Inlet

You need any kind of crusteation squid will not work for taug, fish the places where they are deep drop offs, and slow water. By the time you get here the taug will be gone anyway, they are slowing up considerably now, in july you can usually only catch them at the end of the jetty or the bridge pillar at slack tide. Rig consists of a 3-4 ounce sinker and a taug hook thats all you need. If your coming in july I would be looking to target blues, flounder and croaker. They are your best bets. PM when it gets closer maybe we can hook up and i'll help ya out.