townsend inlet, nj, today - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default townsend inlet, nj, today

got out down townsend inlet, sea isle city, nj. top to bottom tide. used lures and eels, last hour i chunked it while tossing rippen shads. i messed up (live and learn huh) i read that when retreiving the eel sowly and the striper grabs the eel i should open the bail and let it run 10-15 seconds, close it and set hook. well i got over excited twice had a really big hit and i tried to set the hook and all that happened was i got my eel back half gone. few cast later i did the same thing and the same thing happened only the head this time one stong hit and the eel was 2 ft long and only the head was left must have been a nice fish. live and learn i guess. i wont make the same mistake again hopefully. i also threw rippin shad by storm, jointed bomber, black and purple bomber, small 4 inch rapala jointed. nothing on those. got a flounder skate and shark. try again tomorrow. winds were gusting to 35mph with nw winds of 15-20mph. water was not clear at all. tide was not rippen though 3 and 4 oz was holding well in the inlet. still got to get my first. tight lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

Default Re: townsend inlet, nj, today

I don't think you set the hook wrong. Sounds to me like you got hit by a couple of bluefish.