Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 STRIPER REPORTs

129K views 303 replies 66 participants last post by  Doc Z 
#1 ·
** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' **

Post any 2018 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#39 ·
Scapped in Highland 6:30-8 without any luck. The herring are around though, I'm not really sure why they weren't following the stoolie. Another guy had about 7-8 and gave me his live ones when he left. Had them out there 8:15-10:45 without a run. He caught a 29"er & a 28.75"er yesterday morning. This are starting to heat up. Going to try every day now until it's over.

#45 ·
Went out for a couple hours this afternoon. Was finally able to scap my limit in herring. Ended my trip with 3 in the boat to 31". Two on chunk.

On another note ..watch out for the huge trees and debris floating around. Had to yank my anchor a few times.

#46 ·
We fished yesterday into today. Yesterday was tough as we got out late and missed the incoming which has been the ticket...only got one on outgoing tide although lots of big marks but no takers.....stayed out and today we ended up with 12. Back out in a few hours. Water temp 46-48 then back down to 45 degrees today.

#49 ·
Started out 4:30 AM in Highland, scapped my limit of herring, had 3 lines out with live herring all the day until 5:30 PM and not a single run (!?). My friend also scapped his limit and had 2 missed runs. Back out again tmrw, hopefully some luck on the stripers this time.

#50 ·
Put the boat in today....hit the Marlboro/New Hamburg area from 2 - 5:30 with my son and his GF...not even a bite...ugh. Outgoing tide and the winds kicked up pretty good too. Saw a lot of fish on the fishfinder early, then they disappeared, but they were definitely not hungry. Still a nice day on the river though.

Got out with 15 min to spare because a storm moved in that was NASTY....

#52 ·
We fished Newburgh today from 7am to 3pm. The fish are still acting the same...only biting around the first 2 hours of incoming tide...........then they shut right down and no bite on outgoing. Newburgh bay got rough after the winds kicked so we hit N of Marlboro for a few hours before the storms and we marked a few fish but no bite at all. We marked plenty of fish in Newburgh. We ended up with 9 schoolies up to 26 inches. Water temp went up to 47.9...........still too cold....the fish are playing with the bait and you have to work to hook them..the smaller ones do run. Weather looks terrible and windy for tomorrow (today) so we may wait till Monday. Warm weather next week should kick up the river temps and turn on the bite to be more steady.

#53 ·
My son and I fished south of Newburgh yesterday to stay out of the crowd. We started our drift just south of Breakneck Ridge. Lots of marks, with bigger marks in the 30-50 range. All fish caught were in the low 20" range. We fished with blood and sand worms. All fish caught were on sand worms. Ready for the warmer weather next week.

#54 ·
We fished Newburgh today from 6am to 9pm and hit all the tides. There was a steady flow of fish on the east side just south of the NBB and North of Dennings point in 32-34 FOW. The bite turned on from mid Flood tide through Ebb and suddenly died at dead low tide. There were lots of big marks going by but we mostly caught schoolies up to 26 inches. We ended the day with 14. Work tomorrow then back out Wednesday....the oncoming warm weather will fire things up. Today was the first time the fish were circling and not all heading North...this is a good sign that they are staging to school and feed. Water temp was 47.9 degrees all day..........as was the dam air temp.

FYI..........these were caught on bloods............tried a live herring again down south with no luck.

#55 ·
Awsome report Doc, I'll be heading out tomorrow Albany area Tues through Sat afternoon straight through the week, Fishing the same tides, we'll see how the shore fishing does !! 14-16 hrs a day, I'm getting too old for this,...Not!!!

#59 ·
East shore south New Hamburg 35 to 45 feet 20 feet down bloods 3 guys 27 16 13 two 12 all pounds also two small fish mid flood tide !27 pound was a challenge getting into the net kept diving was an extra large net but she wanted know part ,same the other day landing 22 pound by myself might have to do with the cold weather as these fish are fighting .

#62 ·
4/30
Fished catskill from 5am-2pm. Bait was easy. Other than that, no action whatsoever. Got pissed on all day and froze my ass off for nothing.

5/1
Went out 6am-noon, took a break then headed back out from 2pm-7pm. Took a bit more work to get bait. Outgoing was dead. Finally had some action the last hour of incoming through the first hour of outgoing. Landed two up to 29", had a few run and drops, snapped my line on another and pulled in a 32" cat. Everything was on chunk. Didn't get so much as a bump on my live pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.