2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers - Page 12 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum > All Time Best Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

All Time Best Threads Here is the all time best threads. Worth reading

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

Nice bass from Duxbury...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0003.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	11940  
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Rhode Island Reports

Here's the pics...Needs to put some weight on.

biggest one of the season so far
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG00061.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	11947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00062.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	11948  
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Here are a couple of my catches out of Captree off the south shore of Long Island. Plenty of Fluke but not many keepers with the 21 inch restriction this year. I did have 2 keeper Fluke this summer but only got a pic of 1 of them with my GF. The 2 Stripers were taken over the past 2 weeks as the Striper season is here for us finally & the fish seem to be moving into town. 3 Big Blues in the 11-13 lb range from about 4 weeks ago. Good Luck Everyone! Fish On!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	25.5 - Striper -09-25-09.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	11958   Click image for larger version

Name:	31Striper - 10-04-09.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	11959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedy Keeper Fluke.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	11960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Blues.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	11961  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 09:05 AM

Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 AM

Here in Galveston Tx, a few hrs ago. This is a third coast bass. Will be in NY and looking to fish for some BIG BASS on Monday. Any help is appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	11991   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	11992  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Here's a few more I caught so far this summer/fall, all of them were caught jigging/casting lures, it was a good year for resident fish, hopefully the bigger migrating fish will come up the bay this fall/winter

Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Cherry Popped. Striper on Western South Shore

trolling on my buddies boat after dark. tonight! 10/20/09

Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Close to NY, NY.

Thanks guys. Took my friend after a long night of BD celebrations 14 btl of wine quite a few pints of Guinness and some 16yr Lagavulin(sp), and we were off at the crack of...... Noon? Oh well we will give it a shot anyway it was a beautiful day. Hit RMSP nice water but low tide did not look fishy went over to Jones, found a nice spot near the Pass so we set up there and had a few beers and thought we might as well toss a few. My friend landed his first Bass and for his birth day too. So thanks for the help.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	12073  
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Charter Captain - Guide

Default 2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

Stripers are here! We cover a lot of water but have had some nice days with plenty of fish on the fly, plug, and on jigs. It is getting better by the day as we have marked a lot of bait and fish are moving into our waters.

Come out and experience a great fishery! Oh, Tog is on fire too!..
Tight Lines
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Contender09 005.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	12111   Click image for larger version

Name:	NJ-JL06 034.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	12112  
Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM
First Mate

Went out on Wed day and Wed night for my last striper trip of the year...Getting Lasik and won't be able to be near the water for 4 weeks :( Got out there early and fished the blitzes that lasted for just about 3 hours. Got some nice schoolies to med. sized fish on tins and storms...Got a few on tubes later and then got some food in us waiting for the night hit w/ eels...Started doing some drifts and my buddy picked up a few blues on the eels...Then just before it got pitch black I hooked into my biggest of the year (not in inches but in weight)...It slammed the eel just as we got past the center jetty. It went on three runs and took a while to get it in...Nice to know you have checked your equitment right before heading back out...nothing else the rest of the night and this eneded up being my last fish and biggest of the year...41 inches and around 35 pounds....can't wait for next spring with no glasses anymore to get fogged up in the early morning mist...Now it's time to get the ice fishing gear tuned up and wait for the end of April...Thanks for the info. and hope everyone had a good year I did Oh yeah, she swam away and gave me a nice kicked of cold water for it....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rhode_island_002.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	12089   Click image for larger version

Name:	rhode_island_003.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	12090  
Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Charter Captain - Guide

Solid Togging remains and Stripers and Blues were solid last night on a variety of bait and artificials. Should only get better with each passing day!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
take a kid fishing

Default Re: Fall 2009

Quick trip to Romer this morning. Birds were up all over the place with small pods of bass busting here and there. Had two up to 12 pounds on bucktails and dropped another on a swimmer. Lots of boats anchored up and clamming. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I might give it a shot next time out.

Fun morning - the bass was delicious
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	romer 110109.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	12109  
Staten Island, New York
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Striper Hunter

Here's some from 11/08/09
45" 28.1lbs

50"L 30"G 49.7lbs

Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Albemarle Sound - Fishing report network

Thanks for all the tips guys!!!
We went Friday afternoon and got skunked. Went Thanksgiving day and caught 8 with 5 keepers. The only thing we could get them to hit was small umbrella rig with 5 swim baits attached. Went yesterday and it was to windy and rough to fish. Attached is a picture of the keepers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM1872.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	12317  
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I haven't been on in several months but honestly I haven't had the time not that I really do now. I've been going hard for past four months work sun-Thurs and race down to the family house in sea isle Thurs after work and return Sunday morning before work with min. amount if any of sleep. Lol. I figured I had the means and opportunity so why not. It worked out in my favor so much in the last 4 months that since my wife worked on my days off she went along wit my idea of being away alone on my days off fishing even in the northeaster we had I picked windows to fish lol. So i had excuse to not b on with u guys.
Any hoo now that ur bored I'm still new to striper fishing but I'm a fanatic about it everything is plan around striper fishing nowadays.
For two years I been at it got some nice fish along the way but my passion is surfishing and river fishing the spring spawn in Philadelphia where I'm from.
My goal this year was to crack 30 pounds since I cracked the teens and low 20's so I went to work I studied and put in time began to create something like an art form in my pursuit of a 30 class fish. And through all that no I did not crack the 30# I was seeking I did even better.
Jim if u reading (if u have time post the pic I sent u please)
Saturday November 28 2009 in sea isle city new jersey I found and set up on this small stretch of beach that had everything u could ask for in a location. First u had an exposed outer bar to the left and right, a funnel or rip in the middle to the left in front of the bar (beach side) was a deep trough to the left there was a bowl in front of the bar (beach side). There were rock jetties on either side that the exposed outer bar connected roams both bar just meet right at the midway point in between the two jetties I fish long and hard three tides straight and finally it paid off.
I ended up on the winning side of a 50 1/4 inch 42 3/4 pound cow as well as beaching 5 other lil guys (lol) that were 30"- 36" lmao lil guys! Had one double header on my two baited rods 30"&31" then the other 3 came in exactly 12 minute intervals I became the evenings best show as a crowd began to gather (no lie I couldn't believe it either) just to watch me fish even during minutes when I was not catching people stayed and watched to c if I'd get more. Lol it was something else people wanted to take my picture some ask could they kids take picture with me (that was awkward) but it was like something u could only dream of. I've actually made this statement several time now to the point I can't remember how many times I've said such in such day was best day of fishing but once again I falter and say: the best day of fishing I've ever had! Back to work now then c u down in the suds come Thurs nite! Tights lines. Jim tks when u can I'll send better photos they were from my iPhone. People r telling me it a fish of a life time but I say, two years just imagine 2 more years what I may do! Records r made to b broken!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	12320   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	12321