Tn River stripers. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Tennessee Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Lunker

Default Tn River stripers.

Fished Pickwick dam yesterday.. No bait and not fish.. But plan on fishing top water for them tomorrow. Its that time of year, I love to catch them on top water baits. We have evenings where its easy to boat 30+ fish in 2 hours.
But plan on running a few boards this year. And try to catch the bigger fish that are feeding under the school of fish. Anyone else pulling baits on boards under fish that are feeding on top?
Pete
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Tn River stripers.

I live around Carthage area and I'm just starting to fish for stripers on Cordell Hull and the Cumberland.

I have not used boards yet...but I've read a bunch about them and have almost picked a couple up at BPS several times. Have you had good luck with boards?

What are you fishing this time of year mostly; artificials or bait?

Are you chasing bait fish to find the fish? I was out on Centerhill last week (not fishing unfortunately!) and we kept seeing schools of bait fish surfacing all through out the day.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Tn River stripers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bob View Post
I live around Carthage area and I'm just starting to fish for stripers on Cordell Hull and the Cumberland.

I have not used boards yet...but I've read a bunch about them and have almost picked a couple up at BPS several times. Have you had good luck with boards?

What are you fishing this time of year mostly; artificials or bait?

Are you chasing bait fish to find the fish? I was out on Centerhill last week (not fishing unfortunately!) and we kept seeing schools of bait fish surfacing all through out the day.
So far I have not had good luck with the boards.
Most times I am fishing below the dam in the boils. With live bait. Its about a fish for every live bait I have. Having to use small bream for bait most days. And let me tell you, The striper's love the bream about 4 to 6" long.
Other days we are fishing the up river end of islands. The fish bust there in the evenings. As the bait fish like it here. And the fish stay there most days.
Pete