Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Oregon?

Tags
oregon
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Buschman 
#1 ·
Anyone out here in Oregon doin any surfcasting?
I looked on the West Coast forum and only saw one post. I am in Florence

#2 ·
Hi Buschman! Yah,,, not a whole lot of activity here yet from the Oregon region, though there are decent number of members from the state who have been visiting very recently. It'd be great if you could do some posts & reports in that forum to give it a little kick start thumbsup.gif Maybe stir up some conversation among folks from that area who regularly visit the site but don't do much posting.

#3 ·
I'd love to hear about fishing opportunities out in Oregon, my mother-in-law and her new hubby have a farm out there around Eugene, and I've been to the coast a couple of times, including Florence, (the dunes, went for a buggy ride) it's freekin' gorgeous, but the water is cooooold, flowing down the coast from the north. I tried to get out salmon fishing twice, from an inlet with a reputation for nasty water on the way in and out, I can't think of the name of the river, but the trip was cancelled 2 days in a row, never got out.....2-3 hour trip to the coast both days, as well. But I will probably be going back out there someday, I'd love to have a fishing game plan ready.

#4 ·
Thats the Siuslaw "Si ooo sa law" river and yes it does get nasty on the bar there in the winter. I know a lot of folks dont make it out of there for the salmon, and if you do better get out early and back in around noon when that wind kicks up. Well from my local knowledge of the beaches here I can say that they are long sloping beaches with not very much of a drop off untill you get a ways off shore. Its still only 30-50 feet deep a mile offshore in most places. I have been out numerous times on low low tides for the razor clams and I feel I have a pretty good idea of the layout of the beach. Pretty flat all over but there are a few outcroppings that stick out a bit. One site I went to stated that the south sides of the south jetties were pretty productive on the central coast. I will do a bit more research, get out a lot more and probably hook up with the local sporting goods store. Yea any time anyone makes it out here. I am ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.