Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

St.Croix triumph surf rods

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GreatSouthBayBucktails 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any expierience using a 9' St. Croix Triumph surf rod. I have a 9' Shimano sorccorer with a penn 750ss, and i havent used a really good rated rod such as the ST. Croix. It seems a little flimsy,but from people ive talked to they say it has enough back bone for large stripers. If anyone has any input please let me know

#4 ·
I haven't fished it but I love my only two 9 ft rods. A tsunami bought at Dicks (cant go wrong) and the Lami surfking only a 1 yr warranty. Dicks has a no hassle warranty if you buy a reel for 300 bucks and spend 40 bucks on a no hassle warranty they say they will replace the value of the reel (or product you buy) in the form of a gift card for the full amount paid for the product. The good thing about it is you do not have to return the product. They just send you the gift card. That is what the salesperson said. I usually don't pay for extended warranty's but I was 100% sold on this one at the counter. Can't go wrong.

#5 ·
ive got a triumph 9 footer,although i dont use it much.i bought it for my kid to use at the beach .he has caught a keeper or two on it as well as many schoolies .i have a penn560 slammer on it with 30# braid. casts well,although he doesn`t throw anything heavy with it . all in all pretty good set up. as some one else said the price is reasonable

#6 ·
I have a 9' Triumph and love it, it's my open beach setup, plenty of ass to handle a large fish, and paired with a small Okuma reel it's a pleasure to fish with. For the larger stuff, say big pencils off a jetty, I'll stick with my 11' Lami, but for walking the beaches I'll take the 9'er every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.