Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

J-e-t-s Jets-jets-jets

17K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  chunkster 
#1 ·
My entire family, even the dog, was dancing around the den like crazy people when Brady had his face shoned into the mud on the last play of the game.

All is now good with the world :cheers: we beat Miami at our house and we beat NE at their house, two things NO ONE expected would happen before this rebuilding season began. Heck, half the pundits said we wouldn't win more then 4 or 5 games this whole year (I always said 7 or 8). We can lose the rest of the games this year and I'll still consider this to be a good year and a solid building block for the future.

#3 ·
I was there.

It was wet, and cold, and it was still alot of fun. Of course tailgating since 930 makes it fun too.

But that was a horrible game. The Jets played better, which isn't saying much cause we were terrible. It was still a grand ol time, and I send my congrats to the Jets cause they played good.

#7 ·
Big Jet News.

The Jets have aquired running back Thomas Jones from the Chicago Bears for 2 second round draft choices.
The draft choice computes to #s 37 and 59 but the Jets get late round pick # 63 from the Bears along with Jones.

The Jets fill 2 needs with this pick. Great compliment to Cedrick Houston and Leon Washington.
1 big running back
2. quality back.

Coup for the Jets IMO.
Pats also make news aquiring Wesley Welker from the Miami dolphins.
Very good sleeper type receiver. PR and kick returner.
A lot like Crebet only faster.

#8 ·
Where did you see that the Jets spent a second pick? Everywhere I looked only mentions one 2nd rounder.

Thomas Jones could fit nicely into the Jets offense, plus he could be a great teacher for Cedric Houston who I think has a lot of talent but has a bit to learn.

"The Pats got Wes Welker from the Fish in exchange for their 2007 second and their seventh round picks"
Good return man but that seems awfully expensive for a guy who really hasn't done a whole lot over his first 3 years.
They also picked up Sammy Morris.

I take it they're giving up on the season already :biglaff:

#14 ·
Where did you see that the Jets spent a second pick? Everywhere I looked only mentions one 2nd rounder.

Thomas Jones could fit nicely into the Jets offense, plus he could be a great teacher for Cedric Houston who I think has a lot of talent but has a bit to learn.

"The Pats got Wes Welker from the Fish in exchange for their 2007 second and their seventh round picks"
Good return man but that seems awfully expensive for a guy who really hasn't done a whole lot over his first 3 years.
They also picked up Sammy Morris.

I take it they're giving up on the season already :biglaff:
Well Suds, Welker has been probably the most valuable offensive player the Pats have.

#9 ·
#10 ·

Joe Namath is the only quarterback to lead the Jets to the Promised Land.

Namath, who was eventually slowed by serious knee injuries, handed off the QB
mantle to Richard Todd.

who led the Jets to an AFC title game in 1982. But Todd had an erratic career

Precision-passer Ken O'Brien had some fine moments with the Jets,
but he may be best known for the QB the Jets took after passing
on Dan Marino in the 1983 Draft.

Browning Nagle was never able to completely establish himself
after the Jets took him in the 1991 Draft. He also played for the
Colts and Falcons - plus two Arena League squads.
Credits: Roca/News

Boomer Esiason helmed the Jets from 1993 to
1995, and the southpaw was one of the more
charismatic quarterbacks in team history.
Credits: Deryk/AP

Neil O'Donnell was a member of the Jets during the second and final season of the Rich
Kotite 'error' in 1996, as an injury-plagued O'Donnell and the Jets went 1-15.
Credits: Albans/News

Vinny Testaverde combined with Bill Parcells
to lead the Jets to a division title in 1998,
but they fell one game short of the Super
Bowl, falling in Denver in the AFC title game.
Testaverde played with the Jets from 1998
to 2003, and again in 2005.
Credits: Warga/News

Chad Pennington had a fast start to his NFL
career after the Jets selected the Marshall
star in the 2000 Draft, but eventually poor
arm strength and injuries caught up with him.
Credits: Sipkin/News

Now the Jets turn to Brett Favre, who has a Super Bowl title and will enter the Hall of
Fame when he does decide to retire (again).
Credits: Stockman/Gett

#18 ·
I'm a DIEHARD Pats fan and therefore despise the Jets and Dolphins, but, ya gotta give credit where credit is due. Pennington had a hell of a year and coach Sparano/Bill Parcells should be commended for their efforts in turning the team around. Unfortunately for them when it mattered the most, Pennington laid an egg against a Baltimore defense that had it's share of struggles on the road this year. The Ravens offense was anemic, Flacco only completed 8 or 9 passes all game yet somehow, the 'Fins STILL got blown out (5 turnovers perhaps)!!!! That may have been the single most boring weekend of playoff football I've ever seen, save for the Colts going down in San Diego. I was actually surprised the Jets fired Mangina despite their failure to make the post season. I figured they'd give him at least one more season to see what he could do, but that's life as an NFL coach I guess. It baffles me that the likes of he and Mike Shannahan got shit-canned yet a tool like Wade Phillips still holds a job. Here's hoping for a better slate this upcoming weekend with perhaps an ounce of excitement.

StriperHyper ~ Will

#24 ·
I'm a DIEHARD Pats fan and therefore despise the Jets and Dolphins, but, ya gotta give credit where credit is due. Pennington had a hell of a year and coach Sparano/Bill Parcells should be commended for their efforts in turning the team around. Unfortunately for them when it mattered the most, Pennington laid an egg against a Baltimore defense that had it's share of struggles on the road this year. The Ravens offense was anemic, Flacco only completed 8 or 9 passes all game yet somehow, the 'Fins STILL got blown out (5 turnovers perhaps)!!!! That may have been the single most boring weekend of playoff football I've ever seen, save for the Colts going down in San Diego. I was actually surprised the Jets fired Mangina despite their failure to make the post season. I figured they'd give him at least one more season to see what he could do, but that's life as an NFL coach I guess. It baffles me that the likes of he and Mike Shannahan got shit-canned yet a tool like Wade Phillips still holds a job. Here's hoping for a better slate this upcoming weekend with perhaps an ounce of excitement.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Agree with you about Pennington.
The Patriots did really well too especially when you consider that Brady got hurt in September.It must be frustrating for a Pats fan to not be in the playoffs, while an 8-8 team like the Chargers gets in. That would really bug me. Then again, the Pats have had a great run this decade, regardless

#19 ·
I was hoping the Fins would have faired better, I mean 1-15 last season to afc east champ.Oh well the only team left to root for with a player I'd like to see have success is the Eagles, I'd like to see Mcnabb get a ring and quite the critics, that makes watching sports more enjoyable.

#20 ·
Mcnabb and the Iggles get crushed this weekend.

:10187: Go Jints :bluegrin:

At least the jets got put out of their misery early.
Big news - Farve not sure whether he'll retire. :dizzy:

#23 ·
wow, it feels like 2004 again. how the hell are you bean? the jints will give up the short stuff but in the long run the jints will come away with a skin ot the teeth win (as usual) as for the jets? can you say jim johnson? nobody even gives that guy a look as he may wanna stay where he is but that (imo) is the sleeper HC of all the eggs in that basket.

#28 ·
Ooooof......Eli & the Gints lay a egg!!!! Philly vs. 'Zona in the NFC championship, whatta ya suppose the Vegas odds of that were before the season? I can't believe I'm sayin this but go Chargers....I guess????

StriperHyper ~ Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.