Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

If you can stand the cold

Tags
cold stand
5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HoochHybrids 
#1 ·
Might want to let the treestand rest for a day. Hybrids are quite active right now on the flats off main river channel and larger creek channels. Busting bait on the surface and attracting flocks a gulls. Fish are fairly spread out so you might drift a ways, 10 minutes or more, between schools, but expect to hook up multiple fish when you find a school. Also, there are tons af lakers everywhere, so you won't go long without a bite from something. Only fished 1.5 hours and didnt get out on the main lake flats due to wind and choppy conditions. going back tomorrow for a full day, hopefully the wind will stay down and I can find some quality fish.

Thursday 12/2/10
Bottom bouncing 20-30 feet
1.5 hours 1:00pm-2:30pm
13 lakers
3 hybrid 4lb-6lb
1 largemouth 4lb

#3 ·
If you have not already found the answer to your question, Yes. Eufaula has stripers. have caught them in numbers off the platform below the dam but only a few on the lake. Mostly while trolling. Headed out tomorrow for my first trip of the summer (ouch) new baby shut down my fishing. Hear the hybrids are schooling early AM out of Ft Gaines. Gonna give it a try. I"ll post results

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.