What are your funniest fishing stories? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 AM

Default What are your funniest fishing stories?

When my buddies and I get together over a few beers, we always share fishing stories, particularly the funny ones.

One of the funniest things which happened to me was when I was fishing a lake in Canada, and because it was windy and the rain was coming down, I had my umbrella up. Suddenly, my umbrella caught a gust which pulled the hooks from the ground, and I managed to grab the umbrella just in time before it flew far off into the lake.

So there I was, struggling to hold onto the umbrella while the wind was pulling me closer and closer to the edge of the lake, and being the old fool that I am, rather than let go I held on only to be dragged right into the water face first, lol! I was not amused at the time, but I can laugh about it now:)

What are the funniest things which have happened to you whilst fishing? I'd love to hear your stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: What are your funniest fishing stories?

im usually good for falling into the water..or having a wave crash over the top of the waders...but the usual for me is finding out after fishing for hours..ive locked the keys in the truck....the closest spot i fish in the salt is an hour and a half from the house....ive become a master at breaking into the truck...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
First Mate

I remember renting a row boat with my grandfather and my uncle. My grandfather sat in the front, I was in the middle and my uncle was in the back. I don't know what my grandfather was thinking when he put a 4ounce sinker on there but when he went to cast he pegged my unlce right between the eyes and knocked him off the boat. My uncle wasn't laughing but I couldn't control myself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

jim and i have a mutual friend monk who i fished with 20+ years back. we were intoxicated and lit a fire on the beach as it was cold. we were in heavy current and knew big fish were there. as the tide turned the fire kept us warm and when monks rod wet down he leaped up after it only to stumble towards it and fall and roll to the spike which was bending towards the water. he grabbed the rod as he was rolling and the fish went to the left as well as the rod and bent down right over the fire and pooof! there goes a 30+ pounder. we caught some nice fish that night but this fish woulda been exceptional but wished i had it on film

Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
(formerly brian21johansen)

One day after a long day of fishing we were pulling into our slip. My older brother had the dock line wrapped around his hand (stupid) and as we approached the dock he jumped off onto the dock. My dad threw the boat into reverse really quick because he was approaching the slip way to fast, resulting in my brother being thrown into the water. He lost his wallet and a $100 pair of brand new sunglasses. Moral of the story.....when docking your boat leave your sunglasses and wallet aside.

But on a serious note.....never wrap a line around your hand like that, it's way to dangerous. I've seen 2 people including my brother pulled into the water because the had the line wrapped around their hands like that.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Veteran Elite

I can vouch for jimi and the keys sort of. as for me my pal brought a lot of beers on the boat and he drank mostof them cuz I was driving. He fell over the side while I was bringing it to the ramp. HA HA HA wet muddy mess. I made him ride in the back of the truck on the way home.