Plan on spending saturday on the cape - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Lunker

Default Plan on spending saturday on the cape

Just wondering if anyone has any spots I could check out. The only time I have ever fished the cape was years ago when I was a kid and that was in the canal. Are the stripers active up there or would I be better off hitting somewhere else? I am new to saltwater fishing for the most part so any help I can get would be awesome. Not looking for any secret spots but somewhere I might have some luck would be great. Thanks guys.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Plan on spending saturday on the cape

Hi Woodpro,
Sorry, I can't help you out with any spots on the cape, as I've never fished there myself. I can tell you that people have been catching fish over there recently so you've got a chance anyway. I gotta say though,, right now if you're looking for a good sized fish, I'd stay closer to home. Rhode Island has some awesome fishing this time of year
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Lunker

Thank you very much for the reply:) I just figured I would hit the cape to change things up a little bit and get some time away from home. I plan on doing ALOT of fishing in the area you can count on it but like I said, it will be nice to spend a day away with my girlfriend. I actually fished new bedford a couple weeks ago with my girls cousins husband but we didnt get any hits. (probably a little cold) Thank you again for the reply and tip

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

the cannal is usually good for some bass...we just gotta figure out when, and where the fish will be....im gonna try and find some tomorrow into saturday.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Lunker

Thanks Jim! Im not sure how accurate this is or if it will help at all but I came across it earlier today. http://www.capecodoutdoors.com/sfish.html

Alex
Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 AM

If I were going to be out this weekend, I think I would be hitting the early AM tide/sunrise line up along the outer bay, Newport, Jamestown area about 2 hours before sunrise for the end of the incoming and be right there as the water turns as the sun rises over the horizon. I would be late for my own wake for this situation! Pogies, squid, reports of macs in the area, leads me to believe it just might be the time and place to get a fat cow.
If you see a maroon GMC Z71 in the area with a Piss on PETA sticker , war vet plates, that aint me so don't fish there that guy doesn't know what he's doing.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Lunker

Thank you for the replies guys. I ended up spending saturday in soco at the short wall until midnight and somehow got el' skunko. I am thinking a charter for either mako or tuna is in order for the near future.