I hate Poachers! - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame Poachers are exposed here. Federal wildlife officers association links to all poacher hotlines in the U.S.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:55 PM

No problem jim.

LOL brandon, if it wasn't an 1800 number JB would probably have 400$ phone bills to that number and his 1900 numbers....i mean....my bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004, 03:18 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Operation Game Thief - 1-800-344-4262

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunt...game_thief.htm

Old 11-12-2004, 03:22 PM

we should put all of these state numbers in one place. Or at least the number for the respective region. Make them stickys so they stay at the top of the forum in each region
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004, 03:55 PM

Hey JB, you beat me to it, I just came back to post the web address.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunt...game_thief.htm
Old 11-12-2004, 04:16 PM

Hey whats up guys? I had to stick my 2 cents in here definetly. sorry, cant hold back hahaha.

After reading this discussion for a few minutes, it reminded me of the fight we had down here in Rhode Island....That of course, The RISAA (rhode island saltwater anglers assoc.) (my club) won. So now i'm in all my risaa newsletters, looking for the article. havent quite found it yet but i found an insert in one of them from the January 2004 edition.

.......Salt Water License Defeated:

Our quick mobilization and signature gathering of 3,000 names in one weekend to Defeat The Salt Water License Proposal was an astounding effort, driven by RISAA members from accross the state.

I'm gonna try to scan in the real article for you guys to read, you should definetly read it, even if for just another outlook on licenses. Without licences, we still put millions of dollars in revenew back into the state. we dont make everything do we? hahha. It will be an interesting read when i post this. give me a few to find it lol. i definetly wasn't born with a silver computer in my mouth. hell, my wife gives me crap when i point at the monitor and use the word computer.

I love when the state tries to pass certain things around here, i've been at this so long, i got all the senators, gov., state house...e-mail adrresses, complete with office and home phone numbers, hahaha. god they must hate me.

I myself will never be paying for a license to do what i've always done. Let um come find me......don't bring a knife to a gunfight, hahaha. j/k. most of the time.

can't we all just get along?

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS DOMAIN 8)

:x THE WORLD SHOULD LEAVE THE FISHERMAN ALONE !!!

pOACHERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED !!!

LET THE FISHERMAN TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE TRYING TO RUIN IT!!!!

DON'T MAKE ME GET A ROPE !!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:01 PM

Here's how we deal with the poaching problem:

1st Offense- 40 lashings in public.
2nd Offense- Removel of all skin from right hand and then dipped in Drano.
3rd Offense- Death by Impalement
Old 11-12-2004, 10:48 PM

My cooking teacher said you should never run around casue you might get impaled....
Old 11-12-2004, 11:16 PM

hey DR I'm thinking 3rd offense death by Circle Hook, how many can we hook into 1 person before death sets in
Old 11-13-2004, 12:07 AM

Stripersteve, I like it....are we going to use barbed or unbarbed? Diachi or Gamakatsu? Dulled down, of course.

Hey....when they're done they can always use what's left for the chumming fleet :D
Old 11-13-2004, 02:32 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

This year, the Marsh Marauders dubbed our conservation and awareness efforts "Operation Derelict". We busted more than several people throughout the season poaching and being game thieves. Scumbags.

I think next seasons efforts will be dubbed "Operation Dirtbag", or, "Operation Degenerate".

We had one group of misfits that was frequenting the trestle throughout the Summer. They were from out near the Lee traffic circle area I believe. Driving out to Hampton to litter, poach, and light bonfires on the trestle. Well, one night while I was guiding for a group of tourists from Connecticut that had come up to stay at Hampton Beach, I decided I had had enough of these kids. The group I was with consisted of a guy and his son, and the guys brother-in-law and his young daughter. All the swearing, throwing of beer bottles and cans against the rocks and into the tree was really getting me worked up. (me worked up? no way!). At this point I had named this group "The Derelict 5", because there was usually 5 of them that would come down in 2 seperate cars. Well a few weeks went by, and these dorphs came back down there while I was with 2 of my friends. They were in their late teens, and soon enough started in with their antics. The heavy set kid throws a bottle into the tree. I let the verbal cannon loose on him, and told him not to litter in my backyard and to stop being a friggin degenerate bum. Well after they had their fill of their beer, they decided to leave. Well soon after they had headed up the trail, I packed up and my friend and I hopped in his S10 and headed up the trail as well. So we get to the end of the trail, and well well well, 2 or 3 Hampton police cruisers had blocked the kids in as they were trying to leave. LOL. Perfect timing huh?

And to top it all off, that very same night, there was 2 guys probably in their early 30's, fishing the marsh too. I overheard their conversations. At one point they caught a schoolie on the incoming tide, and the guy says to his buddy "do you want it? I'd keep it". Workin me right up. So after the tide turns to go out, they move down to the point, and I stay on the trestle to fish (which I never do anymore), just so I can have a birds eye view of the action. Well while "the Derelict 5" was on the bridge next to us, these 2 guys decided to call it quits and come walking across the bridge. I ask "anything good", just to see the response. They start laughing and say "nope, but we got something decent in the cooler to take home".

Well thats just too bad, idiots, because you parked your truck close to the trestle, not far from where I was sitting, and I got your plate number. Jackass.

So we busted the Delerict 5, who NEVER returned to the marsh for the rest of the season, AND, we got 2 more game thieves in the same night.

Not bad. Awareness is our trademark.

If you take short bass or go over your limit in front of any one of us, you absolutely will be reported.

I'll tell you one thing, I would move to make marshlands "license only". There are just too many lowlifes running amuck out in the estuaries. The estuaries need more protection from plunder and pillage lol. I would have no problem if they enacted a licensing program for tha mahsh. I would actually fight for it.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:41 AM

Good Job Jonny,

Not only is awareness very important but, actions go alot further with these scumbags. I wouldn't have been as nice. my wife says that i love instigating, not lil ole me. I totally agree with licenses for trestles and small places like that that these guys (cambodians) sorry guys, like to frequent. i'm definetly against licenses for the regular fishermen, like us.

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)
Old 11-13-2004, 01:21 PM

I think licenses are fine. Then agian, I dont have to pay for one for another 2 years.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:11 PM

Yea, i'm actually fighting a battle that has nothing to do with me....I fish off a private beach for one thing, and i would never buy a license even if that was the law. I've been a recreational fisherman for 35 years now and i hate change. I take maybe 2 fish a year home with me and i'm a firm believer in catch and release. My friend calls me the master surgeon........when a striper comes in with the hook in its throat (fish clit) 98% of the time i can perform surgery and save the fish. use the pliers to take the bait out and off the hook first...then holding the hook with the pliers, push down towards the belly, hook comes right out with minimal bleeding, if that fails, you make a small insision at the hook, and slip it right out. but why would i need a license? so i can pay the state more than i already do? My street is still all potholes. My trash guys act way to anal retentive about what i throw away. I pay taxes on everything i have that has to do with fishing. why try to squeeze another percentage out of the working man?

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS DOMAIN 8)
Old 11-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

on 10/28 the(UBA) United baoatmens assoc. was informed by MRAC(marine recources advisory council) that the new york fishing licence is a dead issue and will not be brought up again in the future.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:15 AM

I buy my license every year in January. Maryland has a pretty good deal where you pay 40$ one time, and can fish all saltwater in MD, plus a bunch of it in VA. The cool thing about the $40 liscense is that it comes with a sticker with a stripe on it that you put up by your boat registry number, and that automaticly makes everyone on your boat licensed. I would pay $100 for that sticker, because it all goes into the DNR and helps the bay. Our DNR is so underfunded and under staffed, alot of us rec. anglers donate stuff to them, they do an excellent job, I gained alot of respect for them when I saw 3 officers on a small boston whaler, go out of cobb island inlet during Hurricane Isabel, in 6-8 foot waves to assist a ship that was taking on ALOT of water. Where was the fire dept. in they're 30 foot brand new alumnicat? No clue, but those guys were very brave in my opinion...and they deserve any amount of money that comes their way....BTW they'res a coast guard cutter stationed here at St. Inidgoes, they weren't there either. So mad props to MD DNR. If they were hiring, i'd apply in a heartbeat.