10/22 Good report for Stripes Question of your help needed? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > DelMarVA
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

DelMarVA Delaware, Maryland, Virginias, the Delaware River and Bay, Chesapeake Bay area. Regional discussion & reports.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:29 AM
First Mate

Default 10/22 Good report for Stripes Question of your help needed?

Well Larry here is your 43"+ at 30lbs.fish,we caught most of are fish at the top of tide,clam and Bunker chunks. A good dozen + Stripers from 18" to 25" no slot rule..1 at 43+" and 2 LOST??? And one blue.Water temp was 59.The weather was nice at time with it blowing about 5 knots.20ft of water near high. Here is my Question.. I know I am not knot stupid.I hope. I had some costly breakoffs today.. the braided line was good.The eyes were good.. no sharp objects to cut line on real or rod guides etc.First I thought it was the line from my buddy he sold me on real.Not.I am pulling the hell out of it in my shed and not breaking off.DOES ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE BLACK FISHFIDER PLASTIC SLIDES?? I was told to buy those thick blue ones could this be my problem?I lost one on a head with a with a 4 in piece of body on it, then another on a big chunk. The Big ones hit all at once and gone.All your input hopefully will ease my pain Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Lunker

Thumbs up You may be on to something......

We were out the other day and my buddy noticed that he had a split in the plastic on one of those black sliders, it was in a position that caused the line to get pinched. Take that and chill the plastic - make it hard, then get a strong hit by a bass....

I am changing all mine now, I need everything in my favor out there.

Tight Lines!!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:04 AM

The braid will cut through the plastic and in turn cut your line.
I use these. My local tackle shop sells them for $1.50 a piece.
These are on ebay for 85cents a piece. Discount for bulk if you make the guy a reasonable offer.
Braid Sinker Slides
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 10/22 Good report for Stripes Question of your help needed?

I personally think that the best thing for a fishfinder rig on braided line is to just use a snap swivel and get a bead to put on between that and your rig so it won't get caught. It's cheaper and I've used it and have never had any problems.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: 10/22 Good report for Stripes Question of your help needed?

The swivel seems to hang on powerpro. not so much on fireline. I
still would rather use the ceramic type sinkerslides.