12-18-06 Harbor Tackle Fishing Report, W. Ocean City, Md. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Striper Guides & Charters
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Striper Guides & Charters Fishing Reports from Striped Bass Fishing Captains. (All other registered members can reply to threads, but only the Guides can start threads.)

Old 12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Harbor Bait and Tackle Shop Owner Ocean City Maryland

Default 12-18-06 Harbor Tackle Fishing Report, W. Ocean City, Md.

Harbor Tackle’s Fishing Report, December 18, 2006

The big blues are still hanging around. Their sizes are ranging from 30” to 36”. Mostly big blues and small stripers in the surf and a few legal stripers being taken. Also, everyone’s favorite, skates and dogfish are a plenty. The fish are mostly hitting fresh bunker and live chowder clams. Did you hear about the 28” red drum caught last week at AI? Talked with the guy who caught it. He had no idea what he had until he saw the tail in the whitewater and still was not sure what he saw. Wonder if the fish was lost or maybe a few still around as the water temp has I heard that a 38” striper was caught at the bridge going over to Assateague. Lots of small stripers at the Rt. 50 Bridge and some big blues. I saw a picture of a 37” striper caught at the Rt. 50 Bridge on the outgoing tide. Nice shad at the Inlet mixed with a few big blues and short stripers. There are a few legal stripers being hooked. Little Gull is still producing legal stripers and big blues. If you are fortunate to catch a striper, I’m told that they are nice and fat. The baits of choice are live eels, spot, and black saltys. No reports on tog fishing as the season is closed until January 1, 2007. We will be open as long as bait is available and the fish are still biting.

Terry and I (from Harbor Tackle) want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We value your friendship and look forward to seeing in the New Year.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live eels, live chowder clams, and live black saltys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 12-18-06 Harbor Tackle Fishing Report, W. Ocean City, Md.

maryland huh. wonder how mad my wife would be if i spent christmas
down there?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 12-18-06 Harbor Tackle Fishing Report, W. Ocean City, Md.

oh thanks for the report, i think