Tube and worm From shore - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:49 AM
Official Member

Default Tube and worm From shore

Hey folks, it's been about a year....

What's the word on using the tube n worm from shore? There are a couple of rocky spots in this area that bass love. I was wondering the ins and outs of fishing a tube and worm from the shoreline....ie...speed of retrival etc.

Also, since I don't think that a sandworm would take to kindly to more than a couple of casts (at best) has anybody ever used artificial instead of the live sandworm?

Thanks in advance,

PAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Never tried a tube n'worm from shore. But, if you're interested in trying some artificial in place of the sand worm try the Gulp blood worm. Testing them side by side and the gulps caught just as many fish as the sandworm tipped tube n'worm trolling from a boat.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM

Penn I tried them once two years ago from shore with no luck. That doesnt mean they won't work. Pete santini says to pick a spot near deep water and retrieve slowly when fishing from shore.
The biggest obstacle I found was the spin. If you reel in any thing faster than real slow they come up too high in the water column.
Just using the sand worm without the tube produced schoolies.
These are Pete's color recommendations.
Try red and amber first on sunny days. On the off chance of no bite try black or purple. On dark days useflo orange or green. At night time use Glozob color.
Trolling : Fish slowly with leadcore line and seaworms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 03:38 PM

You might find something you can use in one of the many older threads on tube n'worms. Here's one I found for you where it's been given a good discussion.

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=4797
Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Official Member

Hey, Hey....my thread is back, I thought I did something wrong.

Thanks Jim and Tony......

I was reading my own topic and thought to myself "why don't you just use eels"?

Guessing you guys are not familiar with Fairfield, let me describe the area that I want to fish with tube n worm/eels. It is a long road that runs along the beach that has a bunch of houses on it (both sides). Behind that road and housing (that is a pennisula) is a "bay" that never gets to be more than 50 yards wide and runs in about 1/4 mile down to road...and at the mouth is about thirty yards....oh, yes... you guys would probably drool if you saw the medium to high rip coming out of this bottleneck. It seems to be a haven. I've caught most of my big fish about a hundred yards from shore about 200 yards away from that spot where the current that comes out of there has pretty much calmed.

Forgive my description, if it confuses you. I'll try to take a picture and post it. Outgoing tide, slow retrieve. Not much of an eels fisherman, but since I got rid of the boat, I have to start working a little harder, again.

PAT