Hows this sound? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Hows this sound?

this is what im prepared to fish the western sound with in ny.

1 conventional reel for trolling.. back with 40lb ande mono.. then 30lb power pro .. how long of a seaguar shockleader? 30-40 feet no? maybe an umbrella rig? Never trolled before really..

1 conventional reel for chunking.. 40lb mono back with 30lb powerpro again.. 5-6 foot fluoro (seaguar) shockleader and fish finder rig.. this will be for deadsticking bunker heads ending in 8/0 circle hooks.. hooked through the mouth?

1 spinning reel.. okuma.. with 40lb mono backing and 30lb power pro tied to whatever lure. Storm shad bunker color worked well for me last week.

Sound good? This is for the western sound.. new Rochelle. Obviously im not gonna troll and deadstick and throw lures all at once.. lol.. but I wanna be prepared for Saturday. Ill have a friend or two on the boat chunking too so..

and yeah ive really liked power pro lately so until it fails im using it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Jigologist

seems pretty good to me..

what kind of knot on the trolling leader? I don't think it needs to be that long IMO.. but then again I don't troll much either.. never had an issue going straight to the plug with powerpro (last 5'stained black) .. the hook get set on the take without the stretch of the mono..
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM

Dont know.. what kinda knot do you think? on ther leader i guess an albright or whatver. uni ? not sure.id have to look at the knot page on here.. lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Jigologist

double uni(uni to uni some call it) is a good knot, less bulky is an alberto knot.. like an albright but the wraps go up and back down instead of just one direction.. a drop of CA on either will lock 'em down.. not too much though.. it can make the mono/fluro brittle..

rock on!