Friday Nov 25th. with the Rock Suds Jim Zim Ed and Joe - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 11-26-2005, 11:05 AM
LunkHead

Default Friday Nov 25th. with the Rock Suds Jim Zim Ed and Joe

What, how, boat or beach and when is great but please don't be too specific naming the spots, Bayshore, Hook, NoMon, SoMon, NoOcean, SoOcean......... is plenty.

Bayshore = Parkway Bridge to Atlantic Highlands
Hook = Sandy Hook
NoMon = SeaBright to Asbury Park
SoMon = Bradley Beach to Manasquan
NoOcean = Point Pleasant to Seaside
IBSP = Island Beach State Park
SoOcean = Toms River to Forked River
For river or back bay fish just use one of the above terms and follow with "in the back"

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 03:54 PM

The Hook November 25th -28 and gale force winds. :)
oops
Old 11-26-2005, 04:10 PM

You guys are nuts!!!
Bundled up at the hook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 04:56 PM

Well I had the pleasure of meeting up with some pretty good fishermen at Sandy Hook New jersey on Friday evening.
Its hard to explain in words how much fun it was for me to meet the guys. The Rock was visiting Joe jr. and they were able to hook up with us and freeze, I mean fish. Sudsy and Ed white were crazy enough to brave the elements as was the Zim master from Staten island.
All told it was a geat night. The fish count didnt matter. Ed was the only one catching bass anyway. ;) The skates provided a little action and Zim provided the laughs. We broke up after midnight as Suds was gonna try to fish his tournament. Joe and Joe Jr had a long ride and Zim was going to work in a few. We only spent a few hours but I wouldnt have missed it for anything.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

heer yeet! ed took a few pics as well. man i;m tired but worth the trip. as i suspected all the guys are top shelf. got the frozen bunker held up (which i should've gotten a pic of) by the missis asking "are you kiding me?" took up most of the freezer but was too tired to break it down and arrange it so just shoved the whole bundle in and crashed at 2am. got up at 5 and now wanna go and try again but i;m hungryand tired and need a rest.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:11 PM

It was a great time Jim. It was cold but great. Unfortunately, the rock just headed back uyp north a little while ago after going to red lobster and eating some dinner since we didn't atch a whole lot last night that we could cook up but it doesn't matter. It was great to meet up with everyone and put some faces wityh names. Glad to see everyone made it home alright.
I don't know abou yall but I didn't get to bed till after 3 and was up by 7. I think I'm a gonna go get me a good nights rest.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 AM
LunkHead

I just wanted to agree with what everyone else said, it was a great time despite the small fish and cold weather.

Special Thanks go to Joe & The Roc, if they hadn't thought up the idea we would not have gotten together out there.

Baitfish award goes to Me, for catching stripers so large that some people would confuse them with Bait.

Can't forget StriperJim for the frsh brewed Java on the beach, and of course, for keeping this website going.

That leaves Zim and Sudsy, and they provided all the stories and antics that one small group could stand
Oh yeah, anyone got a good recipe for Skate?

Anyway, after our little party broke up, I headed down the coast to Asbury Park, caught a couple of hours of sleep.....sort of.....and went back at it for the sunrise hours, only got 1 skate and one shad, or herring, whatever the hell it was. Lots o' guys fishing hard, not much to show for it.
Nice sunrise tho......

Old 11-27-2005, 01:32 PM
LunkHead

Default Dark pics of night fishing......

Have you ever clicked the submit button instead of the preview button? I did a while back, I didn't get a chance to post any of the pics from Fri night, so here goes....unfortunately, they were all real dark, a photographer I ain't.......

So from the left, in the shadows is Striperjim, then Sudsy, then the Roc, Joe Brotz, and the ever stylish zimno1, sporting his finest evening wear.

I took the crappy picture, and unfortunately, this was the best one.

Ed

Old 11-27-2005, 01:53 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Well we rolled in here at 12:15 AM, 6 and a half hours of driving behind me, I ditched the car in the garage and hit the rack, lots of great memories with everyone, I wish we had more time, but we have the winter to plan our next outing,you guys all have the open invitation to get up here from late may until mid september, the fishing is great and by then a heeluva lot warmer than we had, but the fire, coffee and great company made the cold a moot point... I left my eyeglasses somewhere on the beech so i'm keeping an eyes on you guys!
On top of that I cant find my camera....

Hope yoou all find some brusers before they go dormant!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
unfortunately, they were all real dark, a photographer I ain't
Oh you guys look better in the dark.
Rock Ill look through my stuff for your camera and see if it turns up. If I can find my glasses.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i showed the 1st pic to the misses and told her we stopped for a drink at a pub on the way home but my wife speaks ukrainian and czheck and she told me the menu says 50 bucks and football is included with a meal it is written in czheck. nice try bubba! now put the longwand down and let's get to bed. yesssahhh!

Old 11-28-2005, 03:14 PM

Great time, great guys, lousy fishing (story of our fall run)

Roc, I wish you had let me know about the glasses earlier. I'll take a ride down tomorrow morning for a look around but after 5 nights, 3 days and 16 tides I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Thanks Suds, there only for reading anyway, i can(and did) replace them at CVS...