Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Land of the free or land of the fee - Saltwater license

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jbluefish68 
#1 ·
We will pay the fees and the town permits, the off road fees and the parking permits. We will purchase the various state licenses, both fresh and saltwater. We will continue to pay the 11% thats added to the purchase of equipment, the fuel costs, the tolls and all the other usage taxes but the feds can go shit in their hats if they think for one minute that they will get accurate fish counts if they telephone me on this survey. Whats different from the old counting?
What?
They wont send students of the NOAA out to the piers and fishing venues and manually count fishermen?
Land of the free - or Land of the fee? I want to see how this works for them getting accurate fish counts from an angry mob of saltwater anglers.

#2 ·
Re: Land of the free or land of the fee - Saltwater license

someone i was having an arguement with said that we need a registry for recreational fisherman so that we could " have a voice in washington".. now in a perfect world i would agree BUT the feds and even the local govts. have proved time and time again that they just screw things up even more then they were. if u give a few dollars each for so called admin. fees then next year they want double and then u opened pandoras box!! just look at how stupid the new york legislature enacted their license. u want more proof govts dont know what theyre doing. just look at the whole dogfish debackle. they get protectd while more iimportant species get ignored... sorry for my long rant./

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.